Friday, June 10, 2022

Computer Repair

It would've cost me $697, but because I had chosen to pay extra for Apple Care+ at the time that I bought my computer, it cost me $0.  I suspect, though, that it was because I had Apple Care+, that the technician thought it was simpler to just replace the brains rather than try to figure out what the problem was.

It's totally fine with me because it's like I have a brand new computer.  

Only thing . . . when the Apple people asked (in writing even) if I had backed up my computer, I said no, but that I really didn't need anything.  Famous last words. 

Mostly I miss my "blog" folder . . . future blog material that I had saved.  

But . . . life goes on . . . and creates more blog material . . . 

See you again soon.


Item NumberDescriptionPriceAmount Due
S1490LL/AHARDWARE REPAIR-LEVEL 1 $ 79.00$ 0.00
661-12459Logic Board, 3.0GHz, i5, 570X, FCC

$ 499.00$ 0.00
661-125441TB Hard Drive
 
$ 119.00$ 0.00
Total (Tax Not Included)$ 697.00$ 0.00

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome back!
I usually never get the maintenance pkg but will think twice now.
V

Honolulu Aunty said...

Welcome back! And score on the repair bill! How old was your computer?

Chet Colson said...

Welcome back, we missed you. I have a Apple laptop. I used to own a Hewlett Packard Pavilion laptop, I love it. Heard people sing the praises of Apple computer, so when it was time for a new one I decided on a Apple. I won't back to another operating system, it costs more but its worth the investment, very user friendly.

K and S said...

bummer you lost all your future blog posts, but at least it didn’t cost you anything to fix

jalna said...

V, I usually never do too, but for some reason I felt like getting it.

Aunty, my computer wasn't even old . . . about 3 years old.

Chet, the reason I switched was because they say that it's pretty virus proof (knock on wood). It used to totally stress me out having to worry about catching some virus on my pc.

Kat, it woulda been so easy to save them . . .

Chet Colson said...

A big reason I decided to get a Apple computer because the operating system is for the most part virus, malware, and spyware free. Knock on wood, its hasn't crashed on me like my previous Hewlett Packard, twice.

jalna said...

Chet, I totally agree.