Tuesday, June 7, 2016

You Like Spicy?


If you like spicy, you should try this.  Coworker CQ turned me on to it.  She said that this is the ono-est, spiciest thing she ever ate. I found a five-pack at Palama Market for $8 something . . . I think . . . sorry, I threw away the receipt and can't find it now. 

It says Ramen and also Stir-Fried Noodles on the package. So, which is it, right? It's stir-fried noodles.  


IMG_3763

I put one noodle in my mouth, and the pain on my tongue lingered there for a few minutes. I didn't eat more.  Landon ate the rest. He liked the taste and said that the spiciness was just at the level of his tolerance.
IMG_3765

You can watch other people "enjoying" the noodles in this video. 



10 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

LOL, Just looking at it...I would not even try one noodle!

Unknown said...

Funny! I like heat and spice, but that looks like a bit TOO much. I do believe that the more of that hot stuff you eat, though, your tolerance increases, and they say the capsacin is good for you. If you survive the watery eyes, runny nose, coughing and sweats.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Landon must have a mouth of steel. If the Thai guy said it was hot, then it is way TOO hot for me!

mmiissee said...

OMG....that looks really hot.
I can't even handle when I use the whole seasoning bag of Nongshim Kimchee lol.

Anonymous said...

j: oy atsa spicy! I love spicy but I simply can't handle the heat, so sad. You couldn't eat more than a noodle and Landon ate the whole thing - did he come outta your womb, dat "kid"?? LOL -N

Kay said...

Not for me thank you, but maybe for my Korean son-in-law.

K and S said...

too scary to try.

jalna said...

Hahahaha, Mich . . . maybe buy for Len.

You probably would like it, Lorna. Lan said that the flavor is good.

It was waaaay too hot for me, Aunty.

LOL, funny, Mmiissee.

N, for real Landon has none of my genes at all.

I think he'd probably like it, Kay.

Anonymous said...

That looks good! I bought some similar to that one a while ago from Palama- but mines must be seafood flavor because there's an octopus on the bag. Haven't tried it yet, but now I might add a little more water when I do. :) Try the Shin Black ramyeon- ono & kind of but not really spicy (and milder than the reg. Shin). -Karen

jalna said...

I know what you mean, Kat.

Thanks Karen. I'll go check it out.