Monday, October 21, 2013

My Dad's Fishing Pole


On Duck Dynasty last night, Uncle Si broke Willie's samurai sword. Si and Jase tried to fix it by welding the blade back onto the hilt. It reminded me of kid time when my dog's chain got caught in my dad's 6-foot fishing pole and broke it clean in two. I fixed it by inserting a piece of wire inside the center, joining the two pieces together. I put some glue and then wrapped it up real tight with some string and more glue. I did such a damn good repair job that you couldn't even tell that the pole had been fixed. I didn't think it necessary to mention the mishap to my dad. 

 A few day later, my dad went fishing. He came back and asked if somebody had broken his fishing pole. I confessed. He said that on his first cast, when he flung out his line, the top half of his pole went sailing about 30 yards out onto the water. He said that had plenty people there who saw what happened and he was so shame. What I remembered the most about the incident was that he wasn't mad when he told me what happened. In fact, he was laughing.

12 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Welcome back!!!! Very glad to see you here again!!

I broke off the tip of one of Uncle's poles too. Then I wen hide 'em. That man has so many poles, he doesn't really know when one is missing....

(No tell Uncle.)

Aunty

DNakamaru said...

That's so funny. Thanks for sharing.

celia said...

That must have been funny to see.

jalna said...

Thank you, Aunty! Funny you wen hide one of Uncle's poles . . . hahahaha!!

Now you know, Dean . . . no let me near any of your poles.

I think so too, Celia!

Anonymous said...

What da??? Fake me out. Just happened to click on your link and saw you had some new posts. Thanks for coming back.

jalna said...

Awww . . . thanks Anon. Not gonna be the same though . . . only gonna put "safe" kine stuff on. So I think not gonna be too often.

Anonymous said...

glad you're back

jalna said...

Thanks, Anon.

mmiissee said...

I had to laugh at after reading this

jalna said...

I laugh too, Mmiissee, when I imagine that pole flying out.

Nippon Nin said...

So cute! Funny too! My husband watches Duck Dynasty sometimes. He said they were quirky, eccentric and hilarious! I simply to say with one adjective 'weird'.

jalna said...

I love Duck Dynasty, Akemi.