Friday, March 30, 2012

Da Falafel King

I've been wanting to try the food at Da Falafel King for sometime.  I finally got a chance the other day.
IMG_2746

I pass by the truck on my way home from work.  It's on King Street right after Down to Earth just before University Avenue.
IMG_2750

IMG_2753

This is Aviv.  She was super, super nice.
IMG_2751

She gave me an order of these Pita Chips for free!!  They were REALLY GOOD!!! 
IMG_2758

I bought the #2 Sabich (Egg and Eggplant Sandwich).  I looooved it.
IMG_2768

Here's a shot after I put on the Tahini Sauce.
IMG_2770

Coworkers Lauren and Mark went to check them out right after work on the same day.  Lauren had the Shawarma (Grilled Chicken and Lamb) and Mark had the Kebab (Grilled Beef and Lamb).  They both said that they really liked what they ordered.

11 comments:

Myko said...

Cards accepted?

jalna said...

Hi Myko. I don't think they accept cards.

Jamie said...

Ooh, always wondered about that place. There's so many of these food trucks all over town. Now that I know it's good we'll try it the next time we're in the area. :)

jalna said...

Yay Jamie! Go when you have some time to spare. It took a bit of time for Aviv to make my sandwich.

Betty Townsend said...

Looks good! I love lamb!!

Erick said...

Looks so ono. I love shawarma, I have to try it.

jalna said...

You like lamb Betty! I'm surprised. We usually have similar tastes, and I don't like lamb.

I hope you get to try it out Erick.

Leslie's pics said...

yummmmmmmmm!! I want more pita chip thingys!!

jalna said...

Me too Les!

h_pinku_montero said...

OMG!!! I gotta try this place once I go visit Oahu!!! YEAH!

jalna said...

For sure Hero!