Sunday, September 13, 2009

Golden Palace Seafood Restaurant

I swear a total of about 2 minutes passed from the time we entered the door until the time I took this shot. It was amaaaaazing. Wendell was hungry (and me too), so this was a good thing, except there was no way I was gonna be able to take pictures of the individual dishes without Wendell getting pi$$ed. So, this is all you get. We had a total of 8 dishes. They were all good. We ate almost everything. Our bill was only $15.85 . . . cheap yeah! The address is 111 North King Street. It's a little past the fish markets in Chinatown. They open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

10 comments:

Les said...

wow, this is the first time you actually mention Wendell getting pi$$ed...he so tolerant! I could only wish Randy was half as patient as him!

SW said...

Great white balance with the food shot..makes me hungry for dim sum. I tried taking photos in there once and everything turned an ugly yellow.

jalna said...

Les, Wendell is usually very patient with me, but I know my limits, and he was HUNGRY.

Shun Wah, I had to use the white balance eye dropper on Wendell's shirt. I kinda want to eat dim sum again too.

K and S said...

dim sum, how I miss you!!

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, wow! yummy! what all did you have? hahaha, pretty obvious Wendell is hungry!

jalna said...

Awww Kat,no dim sum in your part of Japan?

Betty, not sure what each of the dishes was called. The waitress kinda identified each one so fast, and we just said, "yes, yes, yes, yes." My favorite was a steamed mochi rice with chicken and beans.

K and S said...

got some, but not all the good stuff we can get in Hawaii :0

mmiissee said...

I love dim sum.Do you know any dim sum that doesn't have shell fish in it? I don't think I can ask an employee since I feel that they won't understand what I'm talking about. I know most dim sum have though.

jalna said...

Kat, bummahs! But you do have your share of ono stuff there that I haven't seen here like the French cookies you just blogged about.

mmiissee, awhile back I did a post on Mei Sum Dim Sum which is located at the corner of Smith and Pauahi. I went with coworker Susie who's allergic to shrimp. We ordered a bunch of stuff and she was fine. They understood us when we told them "no shrimp".

K and S said...

you are right Jalna, I just gotta wait until I come home again to eat all the stuffs from home :)