Wendell got this recipe from a blog called "Wen's Delight". It's kinda funny because Wen got the recipe from a site called "Cherry Potato" who found the recipe on "Rasamalaysia". I think it's great that proper credit goes all the way back to the source with links at each stop.
You can find my link here.
I liked this dish. It had just the right amount of kick to it.
2 large Chicken legs (cut into parts & seasoned with salt, pepper & sesame oil)
1 no Potato (cut into cubes)
1 no Carrot (cut into cubes)
1 no Onion (cut into pieces)
1/2 no Green capsicum (cut into pieces)
1/2 no Red capsicum (cut into pieces)
3 clove Garlic (crush)
2 cups Chicken stock/water
2 stalks Spring onion (cut 2" length)
1 tsp Sesame oil
Seasoning: (mix together)
2-3 tbsp Gochujang (Hot pepper paste)
1 tbsp Korean Chilli powder
1 tbsp Soya sauce
3 tbsp Rice wine
1 tsp Fish sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar
1. Heat a non-stick saucepan with 1 tbsp olive oil, brown the chicken and remove from pan, set aside.
2. On the same pan, fry crushed garlic till brown, add carrot, potato and onion. Stir fry for a few min and add half of the stock. Cook for 3 min, add chicken, seasoning and balance stock. Stir to mix well.
3. Cover the pan and simmer till the sauce thicken, add capsicum and cook till the potato is cooked.
4. Lastly add sesame oil and spring onion. Mix well and turn off heat.
5. Dish out and serve with rice.