Monday, February 4, 2013

TUMI Bag

A couple of weekends ago I missed out on a TUMI suitcase at the swap meet, and I'd been fretting about it ever since.  I first heard about the TUMI brand when Landon gave Wendell a wallet for Christmas a few years ago.  Landon said that he had paid $150 for it. It still looks as good as new today.

When I saw the suitcase, I recognized the label right away.  It was about a 26-inch-sized one, with wheels, of course.  I touched it, unzipped it, rolled it around, couldn't decide if I really needed one, thought that it probably was gonna be too expensive, and stepped away for a second.  Immediately, a guy went for it.  He bought it . . . for $15.

So, with TUMI on my mind I found this bag this past weekend.  In fact, my sisters, having heard my story, saw it first and pointed it out to me.
IMG_8471

Guess how much I got it for.  It was free.
IMG_8473

This is what happened.  I picked up the bag, looked it over and asked, "How much?"  The guy said, "$5."
IMG_8474

I was totally celebrating in my mind, yet acting very cool.
IMG_8475

Just as I was about to say, "Sold!", my sisters both noticed a couple of rips on a bottom seam.  So instead I said, "Awwwww, it's ripped."  That's when he said, "You can have it."
IMG_8476

I used a needle which is normally used to sew leather and some cord that Wendell uses to wrap fishing poles, and stitched it up back and forth several times.  I think it'll hold up okay.
IMG_8479

In fact, Wendell already claimed it as his and uses it to carry his extra clothes when he goes to softball games.  Score yah!
IMG_8482

8 comments:

renrr said...

I love Tumi. I have several luggage pieces from Tumi.

Anonymous said...

wow, thats a very nice bag!










-kevin

Nippon Nin said...

What a great find! Free is great price!

jalna said...

Now, I'm gonna be looking for luggage pieces too, Renrr.

I'll look for one for you, Kevin!

I agree Akemi . . . free is a really great price!

Anonymous said...

Can you look for a 20mm 2.8 nikkor for me instead? =D





-kevin

Dd said...

Wow...score !! So....I first heard about Tumi..during jury duty..the suitcase in question was used to transport drugs....guilty !!

Kalin's Mommy said...

Coach, Tumi, Marbles...pretty soon you going need one of those POD storage units in front of your house! LOL

jalna said...

Hahaha, ok Kevin.

That' funny Didi. Those drug smugglers travel in style.

I knoooooow, Mich.