Sunday, May 20, 2012

Honey Citron Tea

After swap meet yesterday and after eating at Sam and Syd's me and my sisters dropped by Queen's Super Market in Kalihi just for a quick look.

This "Honey Citron Tea" caught my eye and I kept going back to it. It sure didn't look like tea. The directions said put 3 - 4 teaspoon into a glass of cold or hot water. Stir and serve.  It also said "Feel the exotic taste by serving with bread."  I was so curious, but was reluctant to buy it because it was $7.99!!  And what if it's junk??!
IMG_5616

I finally couldn't take the suspense and just bought it.  I decided to try it as soon as I got home.IMG_5895

It's delicious cold . . .  kinda like made from Japanese yuzu mitsu.  Doesn't taste like tea at all.  In fact, there's no tea in the ingredients.  Wonder why they call it that.   I still have yet to "feel the exotic flavor on bread".
IMG_5900

Here are just a few shots from inside of the store.
IMG_5605

IMG_5610

IMG_5609

IMG_5603

I think this is a bag of chili pepper powder. They no fool around yah!
IMG_5606

Sweetie didn't want the plant she bought at the swap meet to roast in the car so it came marketing with us.  It also went to lunch with us! Hahaha!!
IMG_5607

11 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

your family cracks me up!

Dd said...

hummm....I bet that Honey Citrus Tea stuff would be good to bake with....in a cake ??

:) josefina :) said...

That "tea" is sooo good! It is great served hot for sore throats, too. That is funny that the plant went shopping with you! :)

Anonymous said...

I really like this drink cold too.

Info:
http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/03/grocery-ninja-yujacha-korean-yuzu-tea.html

Winnie

jalna said...

Yeah Les, we have good fun 'cause sometimes we so mento.

Hmmm . . . maybe Didi.

I'm gonna try it hot next, Jos! I thought Sweetie carrying that plant into the store was so funny too; I just had to grab a shot.

Thanks for the link Winnie. So interesting!

Erick said...

Oooh, the giant bag of chili flakes is so interesting. I might have to go buy one. Cool tea.

Betty Townsend said...

You and your sisters sure enjoy each other!! Was that a Koream grocery you were at...or just different Asian products? The writing on the signs look Korean...that tea looks good...

Susan said...

You ladies have sooo much fun together during and after swap meet days. Hope you do this all the time...hehe, love these posts!

jalna said...

Hey, I didn't know you like spicy stuff Erick!

It was a Korean store Betty. You shoulda seen the kim chee stuff.

I do love swap meet days Susan!

AKLSKL said...

hey, we have that chili pepper bag at home. lol

jalna said...

Sarah!!!! So cute your blog!!