Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sunday at CQ's House

I spent this past Sunday morning at CQ's house. Her home has an open and inviting feel to it, like you could just drop in at any ole time and always be welcome.

I thought I was there to take follow-up photos of Connor who is now almost 3 months old.
CQ had other plans.
She surprised me by putting together a small-kine birthday celebration for me! Here she's making a sauce to go with some steak.
It was super, super ono.
These potatoes were da bomb. She said she boils them first and them fries them in butter after seasoning with garlic salt and pepper.
This is fried salmon skin that CQ just whipped up 'cause Leslie said that it was her favorite. I think CQ said that she put garlic salt, pepper and basil in some beaten eggs, dipped the skin in the egg and panko before frying. It was super ono.
This mango came from their yard. It was soooo sweet.
Brandee came . . .
as well as Les and Marvin.
Thank you, thank you, thank you CQ. I can't find the words to express what an unreal friend you are. I feel blessed.

9 comments:

K and S said...

happy birthday! what a great way to celebrate!

Erick said...

How nice, you have great friends. Happy Birthday!!! I love the way she cook, nothing like cooking from scratch, so ONO! Great photos!

Betty Townsend said...

How nice! I was wondering why you were MIA in posting on Sunday! A beautiful meal!! A very Happy Birthday to you, my dearest blogger friend. Have a super, fantastic day!! Much hugs and aloha!!

Leslie's pics said...

Man! I missed out on a lot of food!!! :( That's ok, what I got to eat was yummy...HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JALNA!!!! Have a good one! xoxoxo love ya!

jalna said...

Thanks everybody!

bebedeer said...

Oooh...I have to try CQ's potatoes. They look soooo good! Happy Birthday, Jalna!

jalna said...

Fawn, the potatoes were soooo ono. I just asked CQ about the ingredients. She said garlic salt, pepper and THYME (I forgot that one.

RONW said...

thankx for not posting a pic of your BD cake with the lit candles, like millions of others do. Every single year. Like clockwork. If they used sparklers wouldn't be so bad or something creative, like play Lawrence Welk music.

jalna said...

Lawrence Welk music! Hmmmm. . . .