Thursday, September 24, 2009

Saku Restaurant in Kailua

I just love it when Rieko from Saku Restaurant calls and asks me to take pictures of their food. I get to take the food home when I'm pau, and it's soooo ono. You can check out my previous posts: Sushi at Saku and Saku Restaurant - Part II.


This is Saku's new chef Toshihiro Abe. He used to work at Shizu Japanese Restaurant in the Royal Garden Hotel.

I love this dragon done by Toshihiro. He said he created it to resemble Mushu the dragon in the movie Mulan.

I used Leslie's macro lens for this shot . . . I think I want it.
Today, Rieko wanted mostly shots of their combination sets, and they all looked good.

13 comments:

susie said...

Awsome pictures but there is sure alot of shrimp in there.

jalna said...

Thanks Susie. I had to go back and look at the pictures . . . you're right, plenty shrimp. You so poor ting.

Les said...

wow! Looks yummy!!! I wanna eat sushi now...

jalna said...

Thanks Les. Actually, you too . . . poor ting with the shrimp.

SW said...

wow..the dragon roll looks too good to dismantle. I just had sashimi tonight but it didn't as good as these.. so what was the lens you used to shoot these?

jalna said...

Shun Wah, that Mushu dragon was just awesome looking, yeah. I ended up using mostly my 50mm, standing on top of a chair shooting over the table. The last picture was with my 35mm because the spread was so big.

K and S said...

mmm everything looks so good!

Erick said...

I must have the dragon, I want the dragon, I like eat the dragon. It is so cool I would have a hard time eating it, it is a work of art, so incredible. I definitely want to eat the teishoku, it looks ONO! Great food shots by the why!

Unknown said...

What...Nobody likes shrimp??!! I'll go wit u guys so u can geev um to me! I LOOOVE SUSHI! Yum!

Betty Townsend said...

Fantastic pictures. Dragon or Caterpillar rolls my favorite. This dragon looks too good to eat. The rest looks so ono, and yes, me too, I couldn't have all that shrimp!

jalna said...

Kat, was ono!

Erick, you too funny!

CQ, dey allergic das why.

Thanks Betty!

Unknown said...

I really want to eat that dragon!! I hope I can enjoy those ingredients soon... rice, soy, avocado, sesame... arrggggh!

jalna said...

I know Rick, you really so poor ting.