Monday, September 14, 2009

Hawaii Children's Cancer Foundation's Jungle Adventure 9/13/2009

Maidens cavorting in the park? Yup, you could find all kinds of fun stuff at HCCF's Jungle Adventure at the Honolulu Zoo yesterday.

There were bouncy things,
fun games,
lots of prizes,
and a scavenger hunt.
This kid was checking out the Sumatran tigers with the help of Miss Teen Aloha Tower.
There were volunteers everywhere . . .
including Team Praxis at the food booth.
I've been able to attend the last three Jungle Adventures, and our mayor has always been there. Here's Celia and Tyson trying to get a bird's eye view of all the entertainment . . .
especially the MC Tiny Tadani.

8 comments:

Erick said...

Very, very nice! Love those camera angles, love the saturation. Great comp with the guitars and trees with dancers. Fantastic shooting! Just like one pro!

Betty Townsend said...

awesome photos.

jalna said...

Erick and Betty, thanks!!

K and S said...

especially liked those last two shots!

SW said...

The colors of the dancers in red came out beautifully. The people shots really captured the entire event. Great shot of the somersault. It was a great event to shoot.

Les said...

love love love the guitar shot! Great job Jalna! It was hot too! You must've been sweatin!!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!

Shun Wah, those dancers with the red dresses got me all excited when I noticed how the color stood out against the grass. It was fun spending shooting time with you, especially with the tigers :)

Les, you should've seen me there talking to myself, waiting for the guitars to line up. The girls of course kept moving around, so I would be muttering, middle guitar step up, red guitar turn just a little, no, no don't step back, okay little to the right, little more, little more, okay turn towards me . . . CLICK. And yes, I was sweatin'.

celia said...

Hey Erick,
You took my words, that is exactly what I wanted to tell Jalna.