Monday, September 28, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls


Are you sitting down? Guess what . . . I MADE THIS!! I can hardly believe it myself. I found the recipe online. It's called Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls.

You can click on the link for the recipe, but basically this is what I did. Dissolve the yeast in 1 c. warm milk.
Add 1/2 c. granulated sugar, 1/3 c. margarine, 1 tsp. salt, 2 eggs and 4 c. flour. Mix well.
Knead dough into a large ball.
Cover and let rise in a warm place for one hour or until it doubles in size.
This is how mine looked after 1 1/2 hours. It never doubled in size.
Roll dough until it is approximately 21" x 16 ".
Make filling with 1 c. brown sugar and 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon.
Spread 1/3 c. softened margarine over dough and sprinkle filling.
Carefully roll dough.
Cut dough into 12 slices. Here is a neat trick I learned awhile back. Use dental floss to cut the slices. It works really well.
I use the dental floss to notch off the slices too.
Place pieces in a 9 x 13 inch pan. The recipe doesn't call for it, but I let the dough rise again for another hour.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. I thought it was a mistake . . . only 10 minutes. Didn't seem right, but after 10 minutes this is what it looked like, and it was cooked on the inside too.
Whip up the icing using 1 block of margarine, 1/2 block of cream cheese, 1/2 t. vanilla and 1/8 t. salt (I didn't even bother putting the salt).
I let the rolls cool a little bit before putting on the icing. I didn't use it all. Hard to believe it came out, yeah! You DO know that if I can do it, you can too.

12 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

WOOOOWWW!! I'm soooo impressed and proud!! Looks delicious...I love the rolling pin, looks familiar!! :) I'm jealous of Landon, Aunty and grammpa right now cause they get to taste it!

mmiissee said...

yummy! Looks so delicious = )

SW said...

wow..it looks SOOO good..you kitchen must smell great! Your neighbor must be so jealous....after seeing your photos..it does look kinda simple..

RONW said...

applauds.


Yosh808 said...

Woah!! Where's Da Sample!! :)

Erick said...

Wow, I am super impressed, it looks so ONO! I bet it was delicious too. I waited at the meeting but I never got any of your magnificent rolls. I'll wait for the second batch. Nice shooting by the way!

K and S said...

mmm please send me some :)

jalna said...

Thanks everybody!! One of the few times I was actually successful . . . had to show off.

Betty Townsend said...

See, what you can do if you just try!! I am so proud of you. I must tell you making dough of anykind is not something I feel confident in trying. You did it! Cheers for Jalna!! And they look so ONO!!

Unknown said...

Oh...my...god. That looks like it came out so well. Humm...might crave that more than Diamond Head Grill's Blueberry Scones! Hey...thats an idea. NextBatch! ;-)

Dd said...

HOLY MOLY..........as in Cinnabon the store thats in all the malls ?? hummm..when will u start taking orders.....

jalna said...

Betty, you should try it . . . it's kinda fun.

CQ, ooooohhhh scones, wonda how hard that is.

Didi, no orders . . . doubt I'll be making it a lot . . . you know how lazy I am.