Monday, January 13, 2014

Wendell's Salmon Burgers


This recipe is also from Harumi's Japanese Cooking.  Wendell actually made this dish on the same day that he made the Ground Pork Tofu Patties.  So industrious, yah!

IMG_0367

12 oz. fresh salmon, finely chopped
1/2 small onion
1 tbs. butter
1 small potato, peeled
4 oz ground pork
1 egg, beaten
salt and pepper
vegetable oil for frying

Soy Dressing:
3 tbs. shoyu
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. chili paste
sugar to taste

Dice the onion and cook lightly in butter.

Rinse the potato and cut in half crosswise.  Microwave on medium for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked.  Mash and leave to cool.

Mix the chopped salmon and ground pork.  Add the cooked onion, mashed potato and beaten egg.  Season with salt and pepper. 

Shape the mixture into 12 small burgers and fry in oil.

Serve with the Soy Dressing.

4 comments:

jenny said...

I think I have this cookbook too...how's the taste on this one?? Thanks for sharing the recipe as always!

jalna said...

Jenny, I liked it but I think I prefer Wendell's Salmon/Shrimp Fishcake .

Susan said...

Nice, looking for different ways to prepare fish for my dad.

jalna said...

Awww, Susan . . . I think he'll like this. I think salmon and butterfish are my favorite. Maybe you can try make the Misoyaki Butterfish that I made one time. That was good.