Thursday, January 9, 2014

Oceanhorn


This is a screenshot of where I'm at in this game called Oceanhorn.  It's a Zelda-like game that I downloaded onto my iPhone.  Maneuvering and viewing on the tiny screen on my phone is hard, but I still love playing the game.  Hard to believe the game's on my phone.  So amazing.

I kinda just started playing it, but I'm already stuck.  I need to rescue somebody on this island, but I can't find him.  I just wander and wander, around and around, searching and searching,  trying to stay away from a couple of goons with mallets that like to pound me.  

Screen Shot 2014-01-05 at 10.00.19 PM

Okay, so after a few days of wandering I cheated and went online for clues. Found out I needed to push a block to a certain spot.  That triggered some barriers to open up allowing me into a whole new territory.  I found the guy I was looking for and rescued  him.  He gave me a clue to another island.  I sailed to the island, but because it was already past my bedtime I kept falling asleep.  So even though I was in unchartered territory with new adventures ahead, I had to quit for the day.

You can buy the game from iTunes for $8.99. I used a gift card which I got from my coworker, Runa.  Thanks Runa!!  I think it's soooo worth it for its entertainment value.  It's a great way to pass the time when you're waiting around for your doctor's appointment . . .  or if you're like me and want to postpone cleaning the house.

9 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

Crap I never started yet...I went to the movies last night and was too lazy to play afterwards...thanks! I hope I remember to download it tonight :)

jalna said...

No worry Les. I'm at my first BIG BOSS right now. Got slaughtered twice before I quit. I keep panicking and I jump right into his mouth.

DNakamaru said...

i liked Zelda - maybe i'll try this game. Looks good!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!!!! Some how the adventures on this island sounds like real life for
Moi! Haha...

jalna said...

It's good fun, Dean!! Exactly like Zelda.

Hahahaha, Anon . . . I like to slash plants with my sword to find treasure, pick up rocks and throw um at the bad guys, and mostly I like to try and figure out stuff. Good for exercising the brain and fun at the same time.

Mokihana said...

I think I don't dare start,but it looks fun!

jalna said...

I think you would like it, Moki.

Nippon Nin said...

My husband play games on kindle or on iPhone while he watching TV. He is showing off his multitasking skill.

jalna said...

Your husband is so talented, Akemi! LOL!!