Saturday, January 11, 2014

AGU Ramen


Based on the recommendations of several people, me and my mom went to AGU today to check out their ramen.

IMG_1009

My iPhone normally takes pretty good pictures to me, but in this small-kine darkened room, it was lacking.  We got there a little after they opened so we were one of the first ones to be seated. A half hour later, the place was full.
IMG_1014

Myko recommended the Kotteri Tonkotsu so that's what me and my mom ordered.  While I was taking pictures, my mom tasted hers first.  She kept saying, "OMG, sooooo goood.  Better than the other place (Hokkaido Ramen Santouka)." "Wow, so good.  Better than the other place." 
IMG_1018

IMG_1010

The Hakata-style noodles threw me aback a bit.  It honestly didn't look good to me.  But one bite removed my doubts.  It was al dente just how I like it.
IMG_1030

The egg was perfect . . . not like the other place.
IMG_1031

And so was the gyoza. Plus, my mom noted, this place gave us six pieces ($5.25). The other place only had five ($5.50).
IMG_1021

Gochisou sama!
IMG_1033


11 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

ooooh looks good...I remember who told me about this place. It was Mark. He likes spicy stuff so he told me to bring Randy here.

Anonymous said...

Aigooo...agu ramen;) so it's way better than santouku?

Was at dqs today and was thinking,of ramen butmimwasnt hungry.

So where to next?

:0)

K and S said...

looks good!

Mokihana said...

Eh! U keep posting photos of 'ono grindz and I keep getting moa and moa hungry! Wassup wit dat?

But I gotta keep looking!!

jalna said...

Anon, way better than Santouku.

Was good, Kat . . . but guess what . . . I gained 2 pounds!!

Hahahahaha sorry, Moki.

Erick said...

If your mom like is it I have to try too.

jalna said...

Hey, it's unusual that you neva try um yet, Erick!

Susan said...

That looks like some rich, tasty broth!

jalna said...

Susan, I thought the broth was very tasty yet not too salty . . . maybe from the garlic flavoring.

Nippon Nin said...

I'm laughing so hard! Your mom is so cute! I really have to make ramen today. And memo to myself... visit this place next time in Hawaii.

jalna said...

My mom cracks me up too, Akemi. I hope you do get to try AGU next time you're here.