Saturday, December 31, 2011

Eri's Crab Rice Dish


Happy New Year everybody.  I'm home with Kona right now.  I left a party early tonight so that I could keep Kona company during the firecracker popping.  I gave him some tranquilizers, but he's still a bit trembly.  Poor thing yah. 

My favorite dish at the party tonight was Eri's rice dish. She was kind enough to give me the recipe.  I hope you get to try it.  It was really, really good.






Pat 3 cups of cooked rice in a 9 x 13 inch pan.  Sprinkle with furikake.

Combine the following and layer on top of the rice:
1 can crab
1 package imitation crab, separated and shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
3 stalks green onion, chopped
1/4 cup tobiko

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  If it doesn't brown, place under a broiler for a few minutes.

IMG_7619

It was really ono eaten with some nori.

6 comments:

KitTKat said...

Happy New Year Jalna!

Betty Townsend said...

Happy New Year, Jalna! This dish looks really good. Hope Kona was ok during the fireworks. One of my other Hawaii blogger friends said the firebombs were horrendous! Her animals were not doing well.

jalna said...

Thanks Kathy!!

jalna said...

Thanks Betty. It actually turned out to be a lot quieter this year in our immediate neighborhood than before. Kona was still nervous though.

mmiissee said...

Another great recipe....I'm hungry now. Happy New Year Jalna!

jalna said...

Happy New Year to you too Mmiissee!