Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Crystal Noodle Soup

CQ bought me this instant noodle soup from either Don Quixote or Marukai . . . she said she can't remember which one.

IMG_0278

The flavor brick came out of the pouch on the left.  You place it on top of the noodles and fill the bowl with hot water. Then let it set for 3 minutes.
IMG_0276

Then you squeeze in the sesame paste.
IMG_0285

And mix it up.  It was as ono as it looks . . . probably loaded with sodium, but sooooo good.
IMG_0293

Here is CQ acting natural for me as she tastes the onoliciousness of the soup.  Let me tell you something about CQ and me.  The L-shaped room that we work in is separate from the main office, and not very large. CQ sits on one end of the L and I on the other, so we can't see each other when we're at our desks.   There are about 8 of us, all kinda squeezed into this room.  We pretty much all get along. Awhile back though, I got called into the office manager's office.  I think somebody complained.  You see, the problem with CQ and me is . . . we totally crack each other up.  Compounding the problem is the fact that we are both not quiet when it comes to laughing.  So I did agree with the office manager that we can be quite disruptive . . . especially when other people are trying to work. And I did agree to try and contain our jocularity.  This talk happened years ago, and for the most part, I don't really know how successful we've been, but we're trying.  It's just not easy sometimes.
cq1

16 comments:

mmiissee said...

I'm sure it was yummy....I'll put this on my list to try.

Dd said...

Ahemmmmm......
BABO...............
Build A Bigger Office........

Erick said...

Great sequence of shots of CQ. You guiet? LOL

jalna said...

I hope you find it Mmiissee!

Didi, actually I think it wouldn't matter. Me and CQ just have too much fun.

Erick, I couldn't decide which shot to pick . . . each one of her expressions make me laugh . . . so I put um all on. And yes, helloooooo, I can be quiet.

Anonymous said...

Spicy Sesame Paste? Does it taste like tan tan mein?

jalna said...

Yessssssss Anon. I didn't think it was that spicy though.

Anonymous said...

Whats a little jocularity between good freinds eh ? what happened to the traitor that turned you in ? did you make um walk da plank ? ;O)

Betty Townsend said...

And I thought you were a quiet, shy person...hahahaha!!!

jalna said...

I never found out who, Anon, but it's okay. I totally understand 'cause me and CQ can get out of hand.

But I am Betty!

Leslie's pics said...

Good thing I'm not in your office. I get in trouble for laughing too loud all the time. The ultrasound techs can always hear me! Marvin always scolds me that i'm too loud :|

Leslie's pics said...

p.s. what a beautiful hand model you have! :)

jalna said...

Les, I guess it's a good thing that we work in separate areas. I would get called in all the time! And yes my hand model did a great job.

Mariko said...

What?! What the brick?!
I need that. I am so pissed they closed the don quijote in Kailua.

jalna said...

Mariko, here are my thought processes reading your comment:
1) Hahaha, that Mariko, so funny.
2) They closed the Kailua branch? Oh yeah, that's right.
3) It's spelled with a "j"?

The Little Foodie said...

Ha ha. You're right. I'd say I was tired but obviously it was only 9pm.
DANG IT!
Don't tell my students.

jalna said...

Mariko, YOU'RE RIGHT. It is spelled with a "j". After reading your comment, I wrote myself a little note to help me remember.