Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ailey - 15 months

Less than 3 hours ago me, Jamie, Tyson and Ailey were at Duck Island in Hawaii Kai taking Ailey's 15-month pictures.  In two hours I'm meeting Ailey's grandma at a Halloween party at Treetops! 

I was looking forward to playing around with more textures on these photos, so I got to it right after our shoot.  I'm thinking of entering the first shot into Honolulu Magazine's Photo Contest.  The theme this year is "Portraits". 


IMG_2774a

duo

IMG_2801a

IMG_2819a

IMG_2809a

6 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

so so so cute! Love the textures :)

jalna said...

Thanks Les!

SW said...

Hey, how did you do the shot w/ Ailey and the ducks where some are focus and others are blurred? that's so cool! Great Shots.

jalna said...

Thanks Shun Wah. The ducks came out that way because my DOF is so narrow. I'm still experimenting with my 85mm. The settings for that shot are 1/8000(!), f2.0, ISO 160.

Betty Townsend said...

Oh my goodness, these are awesome!! Ailey is such a sweet little girl!!

jalna said...

Betty, I drive past this area everyday. I'd look at the grass dotted with the yellow flowers and think how pretty they'd be in a picture. The lighting was perfect for our Saturday shoot so I thought we'd try it out. Glad we did.