Saturday, April 12, 2008

Trying to Load Adobe Photoshop CS3 - 4/11/08

I put the CD in, nothing happens.
I put the CD in another drive, nothing happens.
I click on Start, Run and pick the drive/file.
I can now manually select "Autoplay" and choose Photoshop CS3.
It says I cannot load CS3 because my Windows XP version is too old. I need to upgrade to XP Service Pack 2 or greater.
I try to install XP Service Pack 2 or greater.
It says I'd better install all the Windows updates I've been ignoring first.
I try to install the updates.
It says I cannot install the updates until I upgrade some software.
I upgrade the software.
I can finally begin to install the XP Service Pack 2 or greater.
It says I should back up my system first. Are they kidding me? Now I gotta backup my system? Forget it. I don't even know how.
I click "Next"
XP Service Pack 2 or greater starts to install.
It's now over 2 hours since I started and my installation is still not complete; the bar has been stuck in the same place (almost pau) for a long time.
I will soon click on "Cancel".
If you don't hear from me again, that means my computer broke.

No comments: