Saturday, April 14, 2012

Swap Meet - 4/14/2012

It was sooooooo HOT today at the Kam Swap Meet, but that didn't stop me and my sisters from bargain hunting, especially after Didi and Sweetie said that they both were suffering from withdrawals after we missed going last weekend.

IMG_3932-2

I have to start with this Find of the Day. I got this All-Clad pot for $5!!!!!  Didi went online after we got home and saw that it goes for around $115.   Hoooo hoooooo!!!
IMG_3910

Someone else was selling this regular pot for $7.  I so scored yah!
IMG_3912

Sweetie scored these ears for 25 cents!  No be jealous.
IMG_3901

She also got this moonstone ring for $25.  After weeks and weeks of debating she finally bought it today after the seller lowered the price from $30.
IMG_3957

This typewriter was going for $20 . . .
IMG_3871

And another seller was selling this one for $30.  I'm thinking who in the world would buy a typewriter?  But then again last time somebody bought that old rusty looking ice cream maker, so who knows.
IMG_3929

This bag of ika was $5.  Me and Kona are enjoying it right now.
IMG_3927

This amethyst choker was only $12.
IMG_3921

I didn't quite catch this guy's full face but I had to take his picture 'cause he looked and sounded just like Kung Fu Panda's adopted dad, Mr. Ping the duck.  Once, awhile back I overhead him telling a guy who was trying to drill down his price, "Hey, I have to pay my rent you know." in that Mr. Ping voice. I thought it was so funny.
IMG_3919

Didi got this Pepper Spam for $1.95, 5 cents cheaper than everybody else! Hahahaha.
IMG_3917

These "Made in Occupied Japan" plates were 2 for $5.
IMG_3911

Didi was interested in these wind catchers and almost asked the mannequin how much she was selling them for. 
IMG_3908

This belt was $1.
IMG_3894

These Mac brushes were $5 each.
IMG_3892

These sandals were $5.
IMG_3888

IMG_3889

The seller agreed to let Didi have this for $1.
IMG_3884

And Sweetie got these garlands for $2 instead of $3.  They're getting good at bargaining!
IMG_3887

Sweetie got this vase for $1.
IMG_3881

This plate cost Didi $1.  It matches a bowl she bought previously.
IMG_3880

I bought this puzzle for $1.  I have yet to figure out how it works . . . I have no clue.
IMG_3879

This wire bristle brush was $2.
IMG_3878

IMG_3874

IMG_3866

IMG_3868

IMG_3873

IMG_3893

IMG_3899

IMG_3900

IMG_3913

IMG_3922

IMG_3924

IMG_3936

IMG_3938

IMG_3948

IMG_3941

I was getting hungry so I bought this mochi thing for $1 and shared.  I love it.
IMG_3934

This empanada was $3 and it was pretty bad.  I ended up throwing it away.
IMG_3946

After the swap meet we ended up at Sam and Syd's for lunch again.
IMG_3951

I must say we did not bad in the grinding department.
IMG_3956

After lunch we went to visit Geri who was at pottery class firing some raku pieces.
IMG_3960

The next two pieces are Geri's.
IMG_3962

IMG_3963

IMG_3966

IMG_3967

IMG_3976

IMG_3986

IMG_3987

I did get to pick up my two plates and CQ's one.  I forgot to take pictures of um, but I'll do that tomorrow and share them later.

8 comments:

Erick said...

So cool, you find the greatest stuff! Cheap too.

jalna said...

It's so fun Erick . . . like going on a treasure hunt. Hahaha!

Betty Townsend said...

Another successful day at the swap meet, I'd say!! :)

Leslie's pics said...

holy moly you TOTALLY scored with that pot! Jellos!!

Dd said...

SOOO......do you know that there is absolutely no "Black Pepper" listed in the ingredients in the can if spam? I showed Glenn "my big buy of the day" and he asked, soooo....exactly how much black pepper is there ?? Well ?? But hey, there is a recipe for a "Black Pepper Spam SALAD" on the can....bonus... because, you can always eat as much salad as you want !! Always....oink oink

jalna said...

It sure was Betty . . . but soooo HOT day.

I know Les!! I didn't even put it away yet. I have it on the coffee table in the living room so I can admire it. Hahahaha.

Whaa Didi? No black pepper in the Black Pepper Spam?

Susan said...

Pip's brother has arrived : P he loves it here! Where is this swap meet and where is Sam and Syds?

jalna said...

Yay Susan!!!! I'm glad he's liking it on Guam! Kam Swap Meet is across from Pearlridge Shopping Center and Sam & Syd's is in Kalihi kinda at the beginning of King Street.