Saturday, May 30, 2020

Green Curry with Pork and Sweet Potato


I made this on the same day that I made the garlic chili oil. Good thing since the chili oil turned out too spicy. 

The curry came out good except, to tell you the truth, I didn't care for the pork. I used pork belly and even though I drained out all of the oil after frying, it was still a bit too pork fatty for me. Luckily, I enjoyed the sweet potato and bamboo shoots.
DSCF0728

1 pound pork, sliced
4 tbs. Thai green curry paste
1 tbs. shoyu
1 tbs. brown sugar
1 tbs. ginger minced
2 tbs. fish sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. chili pepper flakes
1 medium round onion
1/2 can bamboo shoots
1 14-ounce can coconut milk
2 steamed sweet potato, cubed

Brown pork.  
Add garlic, ginger and onions. 
Add shoyu, sugar and fish sauce.
Add curry paste and bamboo shoots.
Add coconut milk, chili pepper flakes and sweet potato.

7 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

My Thai friend used to make green curry for me but she never did use pork - usually chicken. The first thing she cooked was the curry paste in the pan with a very little bit of coconut milk or oil, sauteing until very fragrant. Then she added in the chicken and the coconut milk. In the summer I would find fresh sliced bamboo shoots from the farmer's market. She would sometimes use potatoes but since I have papaya trees growing wild she would use green papaya chunks instead. She was such a good cook and I miss her terribly since she moved to live with her daughter in San Jose.

jalna said...

Aunty, ahhhhh yes, chicken woulda probably have been better and putting the curry paste in at the beginning . . .

Annie said...

Try it with tofu!

K and S said...

I agree with Aunty, I also use chicken when making green curry....at least now you know pork is too oily :)

Susan said...

Try chicken 🙂

Chet Colson said...

Sure looks good to me. I love Thai food, especially the curry dishes. BTW, Cleta roast pork recipe from the previous blog look like roast pork from Chinatown,yum..

jalna said...

Annie, good idea!!

Kat, yup.

Susan, next time.

Chet, looked awesome yah!