Friday, May 29, 2020

Cleta's Roast Pork


Pal Cleta made Roast Pork for her family's dinner last night. Looks awesome, right!

She shared her recipe below. ❤️

imagejpeg_0-8


I parboiled and towel dried the pork. (I don't know if parboiling made the skin not as crispy but I was going make kau yuk).

Mix 2 Tbsp Chinese wine or dry sherry (I only had whiskey), 1 tsp 5-spice, 1 Tbsp brown sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. Rub all over and roast at 375 degrees til cooked. 


I took the pork out, put in another foil-lined pan, and sprinkled with a goodly amount of salt and pepper.  Then I broiled on low til just before setting off the smoke alarm. 

Let sit 10 mins then chow.

Eat with salad so no feel bad.


Resized_Resized_20200528_192813

Thank you, Cleta!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of the dishes you have shared looks so onolicious!

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Very awesome!

jalna said...

Izsmom, thanks!

Aunty, I agree!