Monday, August 26, 2019

Mitsubishi Uni KH-20 Pencil Sharpener


I think I've finally found a pencil sharpener that I like. It's a hand-crank sharpener made by Mitsubishi. I bought it on Amazon for $20.47. 

IMG_2074

It has a pull-out thing that holds your pencil in place.
IMG_2077

Look how nice! But be careful because it doesn't have an auto-stop feature, and you could end up with a short stump if you're over-exuberant in your sharpening. Trust me. I know.
IMG_2070

One drawback (which I actually don't think is a drawback) is that although it comes with a puka to use a clamp with, it doesn't come with a clamp. I think that it did at one time, but the reviews I read said that it was pretty useless because the sharpener would eventually work its way loose. But I really don't mind it being portable.
IMG_2085

Another thing I should tell you . . . don't buy this Swingline sharpener. Fisher has it on sale this month, and I liked the slim design so I got it. It's an electric sharpener, but it turned out that you have to really push the pencil down hard to get a good point. Also, after sharpening a few pencils the motor would get hot. I finally decided to return it when I found that it was still warm to the touch even though I hadn't used it for a few days.

Luckily, I still had the receipt, and it had been only a week, so it was no problem to return.

sharpener

4 comments:

K and S said...

scary that the one you returned was still hot after a couple of days

Honolulu Aunty said...

Wow. You are a pencil sharpening queen! Are you for hire?

Susan said...

I have a similar one from the Philippines for about $10. Once sharp you can tell it’s time to remove the pencil.

jalna said...

Kat, I know!! I unplugged it right away.

Aunty, sharpening pencils is strangely therapeutic. LOL.

Susan, ho, nice price. Mostly I can tell when it's done sharpening, but some of the colored pencils just keep going.