Thursday, July 11, 2019

Leony's Filipino Restaurant


This is where we sistahs had lunch on Saturday.  Leony's Filipino Restaurant recently took over the site of Pho My Duyen which was formerly known as Sam and Syd's which was formerly known as Elena's on King Street.  

Elena's had been our go-to place for filipino food, and we continued to enjoy the fare when Sam and Syd's took over. 

Pho My Duyen was often hit or miss depending on the cook, but because we enjoy filipino food so much we took our chances and still went frequently. Unfortunately, when the freshness of the ingredients became questionable (I'm being nice here), we totally stopped going.

When Sweetie mentioned that there was a new owner at our previously favorite restaurant, there was no question where we would be eating lunch on Saturday.
IMG_1625

We were excited and very hopeful. We ordered all of our favorite dishes.
IMG_1626

Fried Pork ($11.99)
IMG_1629

Crispy Pata ($13.99)
IMG_1631

Shrimp Sarciado ($12.99)
IMG_1635

Sari Sari ($10.99)
IMG_1637

Pancit (on the house)
IMG_1642

The food was a bit slow in coming out, and to be honest everything except the pancit (which was really good) coulda used a bit more patis (fish sauce), but I'm pretty sure we'll be going back again.

11 comments:

Kay said...

You do find the most delicious looking places to eat!

Anonymous said...

everything looks so ono! love all those dishes!
v

Susan said...

That's right, filipino food need to be tasty, aka-salty : ) I've limited my salt these days and the hubby is resisting the change, haha! Getting older means higher BP so gotta change the diet some...just a little.

Honolulu Aunty said...

If you ever go out to Waipahu, try Thelma's. Thelma's special is pork lechon with onions, tomatoes and shoyu over, and is broke da mouth unhealthy and ono.

I used to like Elena's in Waipahu too. Pork adobo fried rice omelet with pancit and banana lumpia. So ono with vinegar.

OMG, I miss Filipino food - the last time I had it was at the Kam Swap Meet from the people close to the concession.

K and S said...

hope the food improves!

Chet Colson said...

Hey, something's missing there, where's the balut?? And the Sisig?? I love pinabet.

Anonymous said...

j: the only food I can't wrap my palate around. And the one food that I'm literally surrounded by in lower Waipahu! The only one I like is fresh lumpia. BTW I tried Purve donuts today. I kind of went nuts and it cost me $17.70 for about 5 @ $3.25 each. It wasn't hot too, just warm and they're cake donuts that taste deep fried and they got all these different toppings, incld a Unicorn's fart which they were out off. Weird place, right above Misty I that's a purple building but it's upstairs and up there it's kind of a hipster decorated place with lots of wood. Iolani Sportswear is up there too and looks outta place but they have a retail shop. It is good but not worth $3.25 per, maybe $2 yeah would be worth it, but for the price of 2 I could get a dozen of regular donuts and I think Dunkin Donuts is better. -N

Mark Shelby said...

OK Den!

I would choke up my cash and eat there with you Jalna! Wheeee! ..... ; )

jalna said...

Kay, thanks.

V, you do!!??!! That's great!

Susan, you're so right. Maybe we should just get used to it like how they make it.

Aunty, I used to love Thelma's Special. Unfortunately, I never go out to any of the "Wai" places. They're like foreign countries to me.

Chet, too funny!

N, whoa $$$$, but I guess that's the going rate for those kinds of desserts. Good you got to try.

Mark, LOL!!

Anonymous said...

j: you nevah go to the Wai places ats funny - My boundary is Ala Moana no ken go beyond that. So my eating out places are limited on town days. Though I am into Masa's Cafeteria after Jenny blogged about it. -N

jalna said...

N, LOL. My comfort zone is up until Aloha Stadium swap meet.