Saturday, July 27, 2019

Hokkaido 2019 - Getting There


We left on Hawaiian Air at 1:35 p.m. 

DSC03660a

I dreaded the loooooong flight, but Cleta bought us identical "Draw Things" books, and we killed time by drawing. Cleta's is on the top. Look at my String Quartet . . . so funny. I just couldn't figure out the poses. Took me so long just to do stickmen. 
DSC03667a

Dinner was a thumbs down although the potato salad was not bad. 
DSC03677a

The cookie was really good.
DSC03681a

Many hours later, we arrived!
DSC03686a

We arrived at Chitose Airport at around 5:00 p.m. Japan time and had to wait a bit for our luggage.
DSC03687a

Our hotel was conveniently located within the airport terminal so after we dropped off our suitcases we went back out again for some quick shopping and to pick up food for dinner. 

I got a little trinket from this store. 
DSC03693a

I previously talked about Kinotoya custard tarts here
DSC03695a

They are the best custard tarts!
DSC03698a

Last year I bought an apple tart from Ringo in Ikebukuro, just to try. Me and my three sisters shared it. It was so ono.
DSC03699a

I was so happy to see it again.
DSC03701a

This was our dinner. Yum!
DSC03704a

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I like Cleta and your dinner. Where’s the meat?

Izsmom

K and S said...

ooh those apple tarts look bigger!

Cloudia said...

Yummy airport-o

Susan said...

I wonder how many companies sell tarts in Japan. I’ve only tried Pablo’s and Kumori’s. We do that kind of eating too! My favorite place to get food is the supermarket.

Leslie's pics said...

Man...I'm jonesing to go back to japan. Is that the same tart/custard that we ate in Osaka?

Anonymous said...

j: hooo man those tarts look so delish - you ate a simple meal again, why not regular Japanese food da kine no ken get here! -N

Chet Colson said...

I love traveling, but dread flying too.I get restless,worse of all, I can't sleep.

Kalin's Mommy said...

Oh looks so ono!

Erick said...

Love the cute stick drawing. I hate to place anything I draw next to Cleta's artwork.
Wow the food looks so ono.

jalna said...

Izsmom, LOL. No need meat.

Kat, they do yah!!

Cloudia, I agree.

Susan, supermarkets were my favorite shopping place.

Les, no it's different . . . more BETTAH!!

N, for real yah, but me and Cleta just loved eating simple kine foods.

Chet, I hate flying too, but would you believe . . . I slept most of the way home!!! Hoo hoo!!!! I put on a movie and never even saw half and when I woke up only had about 1 1/2 hours to go in the flight. Couldn't believe it! I almost did a happy dance. LOL.

Mich, you would love it.

Erick, LOL, I know! Cleta does amazing drawings.