Friday, July 26, 2019

Daimaru Fujii Central


There are only a few art supply stores here in Hawaii, so I was totally looking forward to visiting Daimaru Fujii Central in Sapporo. 

Although it was late in the afternoon by the time we reached our hotel in Sapporo, and we had already spent all day getting on and off the bus touring around, I just couldn't wait to get to the store, so instead of resting, off we went. It was maybe around a 15-minute walk away.
DSC04874a

Check out this cool ATM shelter that was right outside of the store. 
DSC04875

The art supplies were mostly on the 3rd floor. 
DSC04876a

They had a HUGE selection. I was so happy.
DSC04877a

Paint!
DSC04879a

This is what I ended up getting. I pretty much found everything on my list. The cost was about $100.
IMG_1820a

Here's my test page. 
IMG_1828

After Daimaru Fujii Central we went to Tokyu Hands where I picked up some Posca paint markers, some pens for Wendell, washi tape and other knickknacks. 

We ended up at Daimaru Department Store basement level where we picked up our food for dinner. Musubi, miso soup and assorted fishcake.  We were there at "mark-down" time so the place was Tokyo-crowded. 

Cleta went to the counter for the musubi while I went to another for the fishcake. I was behind the person being helped so I was next in line (I thought). A gal sneaked to my right and got helped next. Then a gal to my left got helped after that. 

More people started surrounding me, but I couldn't get any nearer to the counter than I already was, and I was beginning to stress. Luckily, I was helped next. I knew exactly what I wanted, did the yen-money thing okay, and I was outta dea. Whew!
DSC04882

11 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! I can only imagine how happy that place can make someone, who has your talent for art! I love fish cake!! Expensive here. Korean kind a little cheaper.

Chet Colson said...

I'm glad you found what you needed. Such a wide selection. Yes, in Japan Gayle and I were regular customers at Food Mart, Lawson's and 7-11 stores for our meals. So much delicious choices and fun choosing what to eat. TY, for your generosity on the give away.

Anonymous said...

They should do that kind of ATM enclosure in the US., looks like it would be safer? Wow! The inventory of art supplies in that store impressive. The supplies you got looks like a good deal for the price you paid.

Izsmom

Anonymous said...

whaaa??? where's the chu-hi or biru?
v

Anonymous said...

j: wow the fishcake looks so ono but such a simple meal! Wow that's a whole lotta paint in that store! Now that I've umm..err 'matured' I got a mouth on me I would've been that ugly American going whatta hell if others cut into me. At least you got served though I understand how freaky it to be so overcrowded by folks, it's very unnerving for me too which results in me being more mouthy. -N

K and S said...

what a great day!

Mark Shelby said...

Looks like FUN!

The closest I have been to Sopporo is buying a Sapporo beer at the .99 cent store! ; )

Leslie's pics said...

dats the best kind of meals!! You gotta bully yourself around so nobody cuts in line though :)

Honolulu Aunty said...

If you start talking in English in a crowded line, "Excuse me! Can you take my money?" the crowd will probably part for you. Or maybe not.

Shopping and eating - my two favorite things to do in Japan!

Erick said...

What an awesome art store, I would go crazy buying stuff I don't need.

jalna said...

Susan, me too . . . love fishcake.

Chet, good fun to shop at those convenience stores!

Izsmom, I was thinking the same thing about those ATM enclosures. The paint at the store was cheaper than I expected so I totally scored.

V, LOL.

N, sometimes I feel like a country bumpkin in Japan.

Kat, yup!

Mark, too funny.

Les, I get too intimidated.

Aunty, hahahahaha "can you take my money?"

Erick, you would totally go berserk. But you would save lots of money because they're cheaper coming from the source.