Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Breakfast Buffet at Hotel Nikko Northland Obihiro


I had a little better sleep than the night before so I was a tiny bit more clearheaded at breakfast time and managed to take some photos of the spread.

DSC03989

DSC03986

DSC03985

DSC03988

DSC03995

DSC03997

DSC03998

DSC04000

DSC04001

DSC04002

DSC04004

DSC04005

DSC04008

Here's my breakfast.  The dish below the miso soup is homemade tofu with ponzu. I liked it a lot. 
DSC04011

I took the photo below from our room after breakfast at around 7:30ish. It's the area fronting JR Obihiro Station. I thought it was kinda strange how there were hardly any cars or people about. 

In the background is Nagasakiya where me and Cleta went the night before right after dinner. It was about an hour before closing time so we headed straight to the grocery department (our favorite). We also got to check out the Daiso store there, but I only bought a few items. Daiso doesn't seem to have the appeal that it once did for me since we now have our own store in Hawaii.
DSC04016

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I’ve only heard about Japanese breakfasts at Japanese hotels; your photos make me want to go back to Japan just for such breakfasts. I agree about the novelty of Daiso wearing off.

Anonymous said...

holy crappola! that's one of the best breakfast spreads! I've read that Hokkaido always gets several locations as tops for breakfast. Those have so much seafood and stuff but this is more the type of food like I like.
Like you dinner in the last post...bet you didn't eat the 1st couple dishes, LOL
v

Anonymous said...

Oh my! The breakfast buffet looks super onolicious!

Izsmom

Chet Colson said...

Considering you jet lag, the pictures are very good. I prefer the asian breakfast instead of the western style, can always get at home.

Honolulu Aunty said...

That was breakfast? Geez, I could eat that for every meal!

K and S said...

love obihiro! I think the station area has changed quite a bit since we went there.

jalna said...

Caroline, the breakfast buffets are great.

V, you're exactly right about the dinner. LOL.

Izsmom, lots to choose from.

Chet, me too.

Aunty, for sure!

Kat, we only got to see a little of it.

Anonymous said...

j: OMG what a fab breakfast and ITA with Aunty - I could eat THAT every day and OMG I love fresh tofu. oh wow you lucky buggah! -N