Sunday, February 10, 2019

Ohana Hale Marketplace


Ohana Hale Marketplace is where Sports Authority on Ward used to be. I met da sistahs there yesterday. 

Sweetie found out that there's a craft fair every second Saturday, and that's the vibe you get while walking through the aisles . . . craft fair with food.

I bought this for Landon from Sarah's Poke ($9.95). Lan said it was ono.
IMG_0641

I also got Blueberry/Lemon scone(s) for Wendell (2/$5.00).  I was gonna have just one bite, but was ono so I ended  up eating a whole one. 
IMG_0640

I got my lunch (and dinner) from here . . . japchae noodles ($5) and gimbap sushi roll ($5).
IMG_0638

There were a lot of empty stalls and quite a few that weren't even open yet even though we were there at around 11:00 on a "craft fair" Saturday. Made me wonder how little action there'd be on a weekday. I would still go back for the food, though. Plus, got one Ross right next door, and you know how much I love Ross!

At any rate, here are a few shots that I took while walking around.
IMG_0637

IMG_0636

IMG_0631

IMG_0630

IMG_0629

IMG_0628

IMG_0627

IMG_0626

IMG_0625

IMG_0623

IMG_0622

IMG_0621

IMG_0620

IMG_0618

IMG_0617

IMG_0614

IMG_0613

IMG_0612

IMG_0611

IMG_0610

IMG_0609

IMG_0608

IMG_0607

IMG_0606

IMG_0605

IMG_0603

IMG_0602

IMG_0601

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

j: looks like the old Duke's Alley except it's for locals. Similar to the Kalihi old DMV and where Arakawa's use to be. Except those are more Filipino oriented. I wanted to see that place but so glad I didn't go -- waste of hip pain! Thanks -N

Honolulu Aunty said...

I walked through on a Monday evening and the place was not alive - plenty empty booths and NO customers. I asked one lady how much the rent was and she said that I have to ask management. Not a happy camper. I found a couple of nice local guys playing ukulele and I asked them how much and they said $2100/mo. What???!!!!

After that I felt kinda sorry for a lot of the vendors because it is a hardship for them - especially since there was no crowd or tourist busses dropping tourists off.

Maybe I'll go back and buy some food. I would buy merchandise too but none of the stuff for sale interested me, even if I want to help them succeed.

I hope it gets better for the vendors. The management is trying to make a killing, imo, and thus killing prospective sellers who have good stuff that sells.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I gotta go check it out.

Thanks.

Izsmom

Susan said...

Wow, lots of food and stuff to buy and see!

K and S said...

must be kind of huge because sports authority’s store was big!

jalna said...

Awwww N, I feel for your hip pain.

Aunty, I wondered about rent. That is choke $$$$$. I doubt many vendors could afford that. While I was there, there were a couple of announcements saying that the shuttle back to Waikiki was leaving soon, so maybe that will help out.

Great Izsmom! They could use the business.

Susan, I was curious about the Indian food, but there was a small sign that said "Be back at 4:00".

Kat, it is very spacious inside.

Dd said...

i read that they DO offer free shuttle service from Waikiki...not sure if everyday tho....

I ran into a friend of mine and his wife .. while we were there, he is an executive chef...he says they goes there specifically for that Indian Place (Ganesh Dosa),he says, there is no place like it anywhere...when we passed by, had a sign that said "be back in 10 minutes" i hope he got to eat there !

Chet Colson said...

Yup, sad with the ridiculous rent.Similar to Maunakea Market Place,lots of empty stalls.Masa's Okazuya,favorite of mine,decided not to renew their lease,vendor said the rent was killing,barely making it.You cant kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Mark Shelby said...

Don't know what to say. But HEY! .....Blessings from Mark's House!Love you ALL!

.

Leslie's pics said...

i was wondering when that place was finally gonna open..i gotta go check um out!

Mark Shelby said...

OK.....I finally figured it out. Looks like da Stadium Swap Meet with better lighting and displays! But higher prices 'cause da rent! ..... ; )