Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Caran d'Ache at the Swap Meet


I never thought that it would happen . . . Caran d'Ache at the swap meet. 

But there it was in a cardboard box on the ground. What had caught my eye was the distinct "CARAN D'ACHE" label on the inside cover of an open tin. I kinda lost my breath when I saw it. Maybe I gasped.

Caran d'Ache is a company in Switzerland that makes high-quality writing and drawing instruments which are impossible to find here and expensive even on Amazon.
IMG_0761

When I closed the rusted cover of the tin I saw that it was an 80-piece set of watercolor pencils.  The pencils were actually scattered about, with some fallen out into the box. I wasn't sure if the set was complete.
IMG_0762

It was complete.

Here it is cleaned up and made all neat by me later at home. A new set sells on Amazon for $131.71.
IMG_0760

Also in the box were two tins of older versions of Caran d'Ache's Neocolor II water-soluble crayons. 
IMG_0767

A tin of 30 sells on Amazon for $45.42.
IMG_0757

Also included in my bundle deal were these artist-quality colored pencils made by the Derwent company in England which I found at the bottom of the box.
IMG_0755

And how much did I pay for the bundle, you're wondering?

$10.

11 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow, awesome find!

Honolulu Aunty said...

SCORE!!!! Couldn't have gone to a better person!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Score!

Izsmom

Susan said...

You know your ART brands! I was like “caran de whatoh”?? I don’t think your obsession for art will be over anytime soon! $10! Super deal you got for all that!

Cy said...

Holy !@$%

Mark Shelby said...

HO DA Score my Favorite bargain shopper Auntie!

Wheeeee! ; )

Unknown said...

wow!! score!!

K and S said...

so so awesome score!

jalna said...

Mich, couldn't believe it!

Awww Aunty, thanks.

Izsmom, totally!

Susan, hope I can do it justice someday.

Cy, I know!

Mark, LOL.

JP, yippeee!!

Kat, to think I almost didn't go to that extra leg at the swap meet 'cause I thought that we had already done enough shopping.

Leslie's pics said...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU TOTALLY SCORED!

jalna said...

Yup, Les!!