Friday, October 19, 2018

My Japan Art Supply Haul


Here are the art supplies that I bought in Japan. Would you believe that I was looking forward to buying art supplies more than anything else?

These are from Sekaido. I had hoped to visit the main branch in Shinjuku, but the Ikebukuro store proved to be good enough.
IMG_0046

These were from Tokyu Hands. 
IMG_0045

I picked these up from The Loft on our last day.
IMG_0043

My haul included a whole bunch of white pens. 
DSCF3826

Because one can never have enough white pens.
DSCF3796

This pen proved to be one of my favorite art supply buys. 
DSCF3788

It's actually a fine-tipped brush pen! Neat hah!!
DSCF3786

It's good for doing fine line variations.
DSCF3783

This is a .005 Zig marker. 
DSCF3805

So tiny!
DSCF3806

I partially inked this Howl's Moving Castle just to show you. 
DSCF3810

I bought two versions of this Pentel brush pen.
DSCF3814

They both have nylon bristles and a barrel filled with ink that you have to kinda press a little while using.
DSCF3816

It took me awhile to get used to, but I think I like it.  Only thing . . . the ink takes awhile to dry and it's not waterproof, but I can smudge it with my finger or use a waterbrush for shading.
DSCF3821

This is a dip pen.  The set I bought has 3 different type of nibs. I only got to try out the G nib so far. 
DSCF3801

It's fun to use . . . somehow very satisfying.
DSCF3799

DSCF3790

This thing is called a screen tone. It's a peel-off adhesive film.
DSCF3802

Manga artists use it for shading, although I think it's probably old school now since most must draw digitally instead. I think it's cool. No?
DSCF3794

The tone cutter on the left is veeeeeery sharp and needs just a little pressure to cut. The thing on the right is used to rub rub rub the film in place. Maybe not really necessary, but it was only 200 yen.
DSCF3825

I'm really happy with my haul and can't wait to play with them more. 

10 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Enjoy and play because we enjoy what you do!

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow, you scored!

jalna said...

Thanks Aunty!!

Mich, so much cheaper getting them at the source country.

Leslie's pics said...

HOLY MOLY!!! You bought a lot of stuff! Love that picture of the girl... :)

K and S said...

amazing stash!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great stash of art supplies! Can’t wait to see more of your creative work.

Izsmom

Susan said...

Nice stuff! It is so hard for me to shop in Japan...they have so much, I want everything!

jalna said...

Les, as usual I just discovered another Made in Japan art supply that I wanna try out . . .

Kat, love it!

Thanks Izmom!

Susan, I could spend forever in the stationery/art stores.

gracie said...

GASP!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING!! lol love that girl in the dress! beautiful

jalna said...

Thanks Gracie. That dress is colored with Liquitex ink that I got at Ross. It was totally accidental how the colors came out. I originally had painted it yellow with red splotches. But the red looked like blood and I didn't like it. So I added other colors and mixed it up. Lucky it didn't come out looking like mud. LOL.