Thursday, September 20, 2018

La Tour's Kouign Amann


Wendell brought home three of these from La Tour the other day. It was so, so, so, so ono! It was also so, so, so, so expensive. $4.50 each!!! 

We cut them in fourths and ate them one-fourth at a time. 

I found this on their Instagram:

latourcafeIt looks like our DAN TAT KOUIGN AMANN is a hit! You voted for our Kouign Amann Flavor of the Month so if you haven't already, come down and get a taste of this creamy Chinese egg tart on our flaky, fresh, French pastries.

IMG_9935

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my that looks scrumptious! Just looking at it I think I gained 5 libs.

Izsmom

Susan said...

I like how you torture us with the huge pic ; )

Chet Colson said...

Dan Tat is a fave of mine. I've had the chinsese style, like a mini custard pie.... So good.Kinda pricey, but worth the experience.
Lord Stowe's in Macao, has the best chinese dan Tat I've tasted.

K and S said...

ooh with custard in the middle must’ve been good!

Leslie's pics said...

wow i'm glad you tasted um first cause there's no way i'd spend $4.50 on that if i didn't know if it was good or not!

jalna said...

Me too, Izsmom!

LOL, Susan!

Chet, I think I've had a Lord Stowe's in Osaka.

Kat, so good!

Les, I wouldn't have bought it too!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Aaargh! I better not.

Myko said...

Kona Coffee Purveyors | B Patisserie at the International Marketplace also sells Kouign Amann...on the pricier side ($5.50/ea.).
https://www.yelp.com/biz/kona-coffee-purveyors-b-patisserie-honolulu-12

Mark Shelby said...

OMG! That almost looks better than one Terry Beef King at the Kahala Jolly Roger! OK......Maybe just desert! ; )

And one Strawberry Slush Float with vanilla ice cream please! ; )

jalna said...

Aunty, try once. It's so ono.

Myko, I checked out your link. All their pastry look so good.

Mark, I used to like their Suzy Q! And I haven't had a slush float in ages!