Saturday, July 28, 2018

Line Weight


"Line weight is the visual lightness, darkness, or heaviness of a line within a drawing. By varying the line weight within your drawings, you can add dimension and importance to certain elements. Various materials and the pressure you put behind it will affect the the strength of your lines."

There is a 23(!)-year-old guy, Kesh (for short), in India whose artwork I like, and I think it's because I like the way he varies the line widths in his drawings.





This is the kind of brush that Kesh uses. It was on an Amazon Lightening Deal for $9.04 so I got it . . . 'cause, you know, I like copy Kesh.
IMG_9506

The brush is soft and requires a bit of getting used to.
IMG_9511

This is Chihiro from Spirited Away. I copied a sketch from an awesome art book that I ordered called The Art of Spirited Away. 
IMG_9504

And here's my favorite birthday cake that I like to draw. Not exactly Kesh-looking, but I'll keep practicing.
IMG_9472

3 comments:

Susan said...

I’m seeing how it works!

K and S said...

cool!

jalna said...

Susan, like a Chinese brush painting yah.

Kat, I need a lot more practicing with it.