Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Adventures in Spearfishing - 2


Once when me and Wendell went to our favorite diving spot I noticed that the tide was especially low. Stepping into the water felt particularly weird because it was warm and not cool like usual. 

After just a few steps a felt a tiny sting on my ankle, much like an ant bite. Then, I felt another sting. I looked down at the water and saw tiny, little ripples swimming toward my feet. Maybe they were sand fleas. Not sure. Until today, I still don't really know what they were. 

I was still trying to show Wendell what an outdoorsy kind of girl I was and thus not adverse to such things, and so I just continued walking into deeper, colder water to try to escape the bugs. 

I remained outwardly calm the whole time, but inside what I really wanted to do was . . . 

IMG_9312


THIS!!
IMG_9313

I used Photoshop this time to color the drawings and am just amazed at its versatility.

9 comments:

K and S said...

loving this story!

Leslie's pics said...

you used photoshop!??! coooool!!! hahaha so funny your story :)

Susan said...

HAHAHA! Could they be jelly fish because lots of other creatures would swim away from ppl.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You too funny. I don't know if I would have screamed during the courtship phase (like I would do now).

izsmom

Erick said...

Might have been the Loch Ness monster offspring. Ha ha

Honolulu Aunty said...

You did the water around your calves SO well!

Good story, can't wait for more!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!

Les, I know!! Photoshop does art too! Only thing small-kine hard with the mouse.

Susan, that's what freaked me out the most. They were attacking me!!

Izsmom, LOL.

Erick, gave me the heeby jeebies.

Thanks Aunty!!

Mark Shelby said...

This is so Funny! I Love This!

You Jalna are my Best Hawaiian Kine Auntie EVA! ; )

Keep Going! ; )

jalna said...

LOL, Mark. I'll try.