Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Homework


I think beer bottle qualifies as "glass", no? 

Another thing that I learned in drawing class that is so simple yet makes a big difference is to use a sharp pencil point to define the outside edge of an object to help separate it from the background and make it look more three dimensional. Great tip, yah!

IMG_9185

This thing is called a stump. You use it to smudge and blend marks. I used it for the first time on the beer bottle and was small-kine shocked at how well it works. 
IMG_9186

11 comments:

Susan said...

You’re a pro!

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I wish I were artistic.

Izsmom

K and S said...

interesting tips!

Chet Colson said...

LOL....I first glance, I thought the stump was a broken pencil tip, before I even finished reading your blurb.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Love it! I need to get that drawing tool to you before you get so good that you won't need it.

Want to meet up at Kaheka Sushi after Monday's class? I have one for Erick, too.

jalna said...

LOL, Susan.

Izsmom, I think the more you do it, the better you get.

Kat, easy tips too!

Chet, kinda weird tool but works so well.

Aunty, sure! I'll see if Erick like join us.

gracie said...

you truly are amazing, jalna!

Erick said...

Great job, looks so cool. I no more beer bottles, can us can?

jalna said...

Awwww, thanks Gracie.

Erick, sure! Go try!

Leslie's pics said...

wow! good job!!!

jalna said...

Thanks Les.