Monday, February 12, 2018

Leftover Paint


I don't like to waste paint, so before I rinse my brush off between colors, I dab it onto a page in a little notebook. After the page is filled with color I draw over it. 

I got the notebook at the swap meet. The pages were actually a bit too thin so I glued three pages together.

I saw a commercial while watching the Olympics where people struggle to do what they can't . . . until they finally can. So inspiring.
IMG_8199

IMG_8200

IMG_8198

IMG_8191

IMG_8190

IMG_8196

These are called Paint Over Pens. I use them a lot on these pages because they really do "paint over". You can get them on Amazon for $10.75.  Jane recently came out with a new color line, and I really want them, but they're hard to get right now.
IMG_8187

10 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Cool! Are those pens watercolor? What did you use to outline in black?

Anonymous said...

Nice! I love the colors!

Izsmom

Chet Colson said...

Me too, I get pake blood, I don't like to waste things especially if it can be recycled or put to good use. Things are expensive, have get bang for the buck....lol.

Kay said...

Yay, Jalna!

K and S said...

so resourceful!

Dd said...

love love the mermaids..I hope Kylie sees them ;-}

jalna said...

Aunty, they're not watercolor, but not sure what they're made of. I used my fountain pen with carbon ink to outline . . . it's my fave.

Thanks Izsmom!

I agree, Chet!!

LOL, Kay.

Thanks Kat.

Dd, I always think of her when I draw mermaids . . . and I think of you when I do unicorns.

Susan said...

I don't like waste either! I see Lucille Ball ; )

Leslie's pics said...

i think you should draw more cows so you'll think of me! :D

Erick said...

That's a great idea, looks like you planned it from the beginning.