Monday, October 9, 2017

Acrylic Paints


I was hoping to focus on watercolor paints only, but these Golden brand acrylic paints are 75% off at Fisher this month, so  . . . ACK . . . yes, I bought them. The red tube alone is normally about $14, but  I got it for $3.50. You know how I can't pass up on a good deal.

IMG_7573

I was shocked to see how vibrant the colors are. 
IMG_7584

I painted a page in my art journal. The paint doesn't have the "bleeding together" quality that I like in watercolors, but the plus side is that the colors are so bold. It gave me an idea.
IMG_7588

Inspiration came, of course, from something I saw online. Stay tuned for the finished product later. Neva do um yet. Do you see me and Landon peeking from behind the pages? Hahaha. It wasn't intentional . . . but so cute us, yah. I'm gonna use it in a page in my journal. 
IMG_7591

This is my acrylic paint supply container. I got new brushes to use with the acrylics because I don't want to wreck my precious watercolor brushes. This morning before working on this blog post, I started clearing off the sewing supplies from my table. I'm running out of room. Yikes!
IMG_7574


9 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

Marikondo....marikondo....marikondo... hahahahahaaa!!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Ooooooh. Acrylics, too? Oil next? I will follow your progress with great joy.

jalna said...

Les, that's exactly what I was saying to myself this morning!

LOL, thanks, Aunty!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors! Looking forward to what you're making!

Izsmom

Kay said...

You are so darn creative and talented, Jalna!

K and S said...

wow!

jalna said...

Thanks, Izsmom.

Awwww thanks, Kay.

LOL, that's what I said when I saw the colors, Kat.

Mark Shelby said...

Great deal! I'm always a sucker for a great deal! I wish I could draw and paint. I just can't.

jalna said...

Mark, I can't really either. Mostly I just copy what I see online.