Saturday, April 1, 2017

Teapresso Bar


I've been going to Teapresso Bar on Keeaumoku for my drink fixes.  It's in the same complex as Likelike Drive Inn and Wholesale Unlimited. 

IMG_6161

It opens at 7 a.m. so one of these days I might drop in for an iced coffee on my way to work . . . maybe a White Mocha Latte. Sounds good (fattening) yah.
IMG_6157

IMG_6227

IMG_6224

This was my first ever drink from there.  It's a Strawberry Lemonade. It was good.
IMG_6159

Doesn't this look cool?  It's the Waikiki Sunset. I liked it.  It has blueberry, pomegranate, mango, yuzu and blue tea.
IMG_6331

The following are drinks that a few people from the office got. 

Genmaicha with Boba
IMG_6245

Honey Dew Milk Tea
IMG_6244

Li Hing Mui Lemonade Without and With Boba
IMG_6243

Wintermelon Milk Tea with Jelly
IMG_6241

Lychee Dew Smoothie with Boba
IMG_6240

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

j: I was reading on Yelp how Mililani finally got a tea bar and how nuts the reviewers were about it. Never in a million years would I have thought such a thing would exist and it would make money. I have never eaten Guri Guri and I have never had a bubble drink or gone to a Tea bar. Don't think I will either. This trend just amazes me. -N

Honolulu Aunty said...

It amazes me how popular these tea places are. I was hooked on Starbuck's ice chai latte after Musing's Kay mentioned it and I got enrolled in their star rewards program and chased and chased for points so I could be "gold".

Now, for at least 90 days, I have to stay away from those drinks because it has cow's milk (latte). My recent allergy/antibodies test showed a +2 for 11 food items (not too bad) and so I shall be a good girl for the next 90 days.

Ah well, not tea bars or Starbucks for me. I'll save money, though I do love those melon drinks from QT that you mentioned in a former post.

jalna said...

N, the drinks are not cheap too, yet people (like me) buy um.

Aunty, I'm curious about the allergy/antibody test now. Don't know what your +2 means.

Chet Colson said...

the bubble tea concept originated in Taiwan. On my two surf trips there, I was introduced to the drinks. It's so cheap there, they charge about a dollar a drink. I may have to stop there, I see organic coffee on the menu, need my coffee fix.

Anonymous said...

Honolulu Aunty, can they make your drink with soy milk? I very rarely go to Starbucks. But when I do go, I get hot cocoa made with soy milk. - L

Myko said...

I'm not a fan...Went a couple of times and did not like the drinks that I ordered.
Have you tried Mr. Tea Cafe? They have a new location at Ala Moana Center.

K and S said...

yummy!

jalna said...

Ho so cheap, Chet!

Never tried there, Myko. I'll go check them out next time I'm in that area.

Yes, Kat!

Myko said...

Regarding Starbucks, I've heard to stay away from soy milk as it's pasteurized in America...Supposedly Japan soy milk is superior. Starbucks also has introduced Almond and Coconut milk to their offerings.

Believe what draws the crowd to these tea bars is that they offer a place for people (kids mainly) to socialize. Majority of them have indoor AC seating and have wi-fi. I see a lot of students hanging out (snap chatting, IG their drink concoctions) or having a study group. Keep in mind these tea bars do open late.