Friday, April 7, 2017

Donut King


I'm not too much into doughnuts, but Wendell is. The other day, I innocently mentioned to him that I saw a new doughnut place in Market City. 

Guess what. He went to check it out soon after. And guess what else. The doughnuts are goooooood. 

The Old Fashion ($1.45) has a nice crunch to it. It's kinda dense like a buttermilk doughnut. 
IMG_9825

The Honey Glaze ($1.45) is light and fluffy like Krispy Kreme. 
IMG_9837

The Apple Fritter ($3.25) has a bit of a crunch at first and then is dense and moist inside with bits of apple and maybe some cinnamon. 
IMG_9907

We finished off the doughnuts in no time, and Wendell jokingly asked me to pick up more on my way home from work. 

So a few days ago, being the dutiful and obedient wife that I am, I did.
IMG_6363

IMG_6361

IMG_6360

IMG_6362

This was $11 something. I was kinda surprised . . . seemed expensive for just six pieces. But I guess it all adds up.
IMG_9886

I feel a bit guilty recommending something so unhealthy and fattening to you, but like Chet said . . . YOLO! (I had to Google it . . . You Only Live Once).
IMG_9840

11 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

holy moly!!! I want donuts now!!

Anonymous said...

Looks super onolicious! I think I have to check it out. Is it on the front side or back side of Market City?

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

YOLO! I would see the place and friends and would intend to go there after we had dinner at Anytime Cafe (pretty good place!) but by the time we finish, the place was closed.

Good to know that they were good. My favorite donuts used to be from Kimura-ya Bakery across Kaimuki Library, and my next favorite are the glazed donuts from Zippy's.

Yum, yum, yum. YOLO!

Chet Colson said...

Same here, I not a big doughnut fan. However, I'm a malasada and andagi afficianado. But as in life, all thing's in moderation. As my dad always said "yesterday's a mystery,tomorrow's a mystery", YOLO!! ENJOY!!

jalna said...

Me too, Les. I meant to go again today after doing my errands and I forgot.

Izsmom, it's in the front part on the Foodland end. I parked in the back by Ben Franklin and walked up the slope.

Oooooh, Aunty, I liked Kimura-ya too.

True dat, Chet!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. Looks so good! Funny how I never used to eat much pastries before but now that I'm not supposed to eat it, I now crave it.

Yah Honolulu Aunty, Kimura-ya donuts were my favorite too! I was so sad when they closed.

~e

jalna said...

I know E, I crave all the bad stuff.

Dd said...

SOOO.....is this the place that has the ice cream and sorbets too ????

jalna said...

Dd, I was gonna say no . . . but now that I think about it, I think they did have some kind of ice cream. Is it special?

Mark Shelby said...

The "Old Fashion" is my favorite. I can't believe how the price of doughnuts has skyrocketed. Selling them is almost better than hunting for Gold! ; )

Dd said...

I overheard customers talking about the strawberry & green tea ice cream. one gal says the ONLY donut she gets from there is the maple B A C O N !!!