I don't know how Wendell heard about this recipe, but it was good. He found it here. He used watercress instead of spinach.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 5 servings
- 2.4 lbs chicken pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, peeled and julienned
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups baby spinach or pepper leaves
- 2 serrano peppers
- Prepare the chicken pieces by removing the skin, rinsing under cold water and patting dry with paper towels. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes, or until onion has softened.
- Add chicken pieces and sauté for 4 minutes or until browned and no longer pink.
- Add fish sauce and stir to combine flavor. Add water, bring mixture to a boil, lower heat to medium, cover with a lid and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes or until chicken meat is tender. Stir in spinach or pepper leaves. Cover and remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed rice.