Saturday, February 18, 2017

Creamsicle Ice Cream


My coworker Michele gave me her ice cream maker!! I totally scored, yah!  Yesterday, I used it to make Creamsicle ice cream.

IMG_8666

I researched and researched and found several recipes online.  I picked the easiest one which can be found here. It came out gooooooood!!

It calls for 1 1/2 cups of fresh squeezed orange juice which turned out to be around 5 oranges.

IMG_8673

Ingredients 
  • 1 1/2 cups cream
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Instructions
  1. Mix all of the ingredients together until sugar is dissolved. Chill in refrigerator for a couple hours until very cold. Mix in ice cream maker as directed by manufacturer.

IMG_8631

Leslie gave me this Vanilla Bean Paste to use. I like it a lot.
IMG_8638

Here's a 3-second video of my ice cream machine in action.


P.S.  After freezing for a few hours, the consistency became less creamy and more sherbert-y . . . still good, but not really what I wanted. 

8 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looking like you will become an ice cream factory! Congrats on your scores!

Anonymous said...

Yummy I want some!!!

Leslie's pics said...

yummmmmmmm!

Susan said...

I think he juice makes it more icy than creamy. Looks yummy though!

K and S said...

nice!

jalna said...

Thanks Aunty!

Wish I could give you, Anon.

It's not bad, Lesl.

I agree, Susan.

Thanks Kat.

Kay said...

Sighhhh... Sounds good though.

jalna said...

Double sighhh, Kay . . . nobody else is eating it except me.