Saturday, October 29, 2016

Japan - Day 1 & 2 - Honolulu to Narita to Chitose

October 13 & 14, 2016

The day that Sweetie and I were looking forward to for so long finally came. The meeting time for our tour group was 9 am.  We got there at about 8 am . . . around an hour early.  But we were not the first! Love it!


My cousin V happened to be on the same flight as us, and she greeted us with some Ma'ona Musubi! Howzdat yah!! Soooo much better than the $35 RIP-OFF CPK airport breakfast me and Sweetie bought last year. 

V said that Ma'ona Musubi is located on Alakea Street.  I couldn't believe that she went to the trouble to pick us up something to eat. So thoughtful.

This is the konbu musubi.  It had a hint of ume in it . . . very, very oishiiii.  Thank you again, V!!!

I took a photo of the snack on the plane.  I started feeling a bit nauseous after that and ended up not taking any more pictures. 

After a rather bumpy and claustrophobic ride (ANA Airlines, BTW) we arrived at Narita Airport where we rested for a little bit before catching a domestic flight to Chitose, Hokkaido. 

While waiting for our domestic flight we checked out Lawson.


This was my very first purchase of this trip . . . "Cream Zenzai".

It was a perfect introduction. 

The very best thing about staying at Chitose Air Terminal Hotel is that you can walk straight to your hotel after landing.


Linda said...

I love all your photos...and the food does look quite good! You have a very nice blog, thank you so much for sharing. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :) Aloha.

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy! I miss Lawsons, Family Mart, and 7-11 sooo much!! - L

jalna said...

Awwww . . . Linda, thank you!

I miss them too, L!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looking forward to all your posts about Japan!

Kay said...

They always make us come 2 hours before! One hour is nice. You got nauseous after the arare?

Leslie's pics said...

aieyaaah poor thing. I hate feeling nauseous on the plane. I thought I was gonna die when I came back from Tokyo this last time. Good thing we were able to change seats. I'm getting itchy to go japan now!! I thought after this last time I wouldn't have the urge to go... That didn't last very long.

jalna said...

Thanks Aunty! Working on them right now!

Kay, we were actually there 3 hours before departure. I think I started feeling nauseous even before the arare.

Yah Les . . . I heard that several people on our tour didn't handle the ride too well.

K and S said...

V is so nice! gotta remember to check that musubi place out next time I'm back:)

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Must be the rear of the plane. I try to get seats around the wing area. Seemed like a pretty smooth ride from there

Mark Shelby said...

Hey Jalna! What's that cup on da right? Sapporo Beer to wash it down? ; )

jalna said...

So thoughtful of V, Kat.

V, you may be right. For a few days at the beginning of the tour even the bus rides made me queasy, and that's when we were in the back.

LOL, apple juice, Mark.

Anonymous said...

I usually carry motion sickness things with me like ginger and found this inhalant called quease ease West Marine. Kind of pricey round $15 but just a whiff or two and instant relief! Looks like a lipstick tube so easy to carry. Smell like lavender and peppermint.

jalna said...

Hmmmm . . . that quease ease thing sounds interesting, V!

Nippon Nin said...

So fun to visit convenience store in of my favorite activity in Japan.

I finally made trip to Paris last month...check off my bucket list but I put Paris/France on the list again(once is not enough). I have been to Hokkaido but not Otaru and it is o my bucket list. Sounds like you had a great time there.

jalna said...

Wow Akemi!!! Paris in the fall!! So exciting!