Saturday, June 4, 2016

Wendell's Kimchee Stew


This is another recipe that Wendell saw on Facebook. It's a COOKAT TV video that is also on YouTube (yay!). I've embedded the video below if you want to watch it.


IMG_3777

*W = Wendell used*

250 g pork shoulder blade 
1/4 kimchi (W - one small bottle kimchee)
1 green onion
1/2 tofu (W - 1 block)
1 spicy red pepper
340 ml rice water (W - 1 1/2 c. plain water)

Sauce:

1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp red pepper flake
1 Tbsp fermented shrimp (W - 1 Tbsp patis)
1/2 Tbsp fermented soybean paste 

1. Add kimchi, pork, and rice water in a clay pot (W - no clay pot)
2. When it boils add Sauce

3. Boil about 20 more minutes.
3. Add tofu, onion, green onion, spicy red pepper and simmer. 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

j: you so funny, i.e. W-no clay pot. I am amazed that Wendall, not only likes to cook, but he's always looking for recipes. I like to cook when in the mood only but unless I see it on a blog or on FB I MIGHT add or try a new recipe, otherwise it's the same old stuff. Wendall is always trying new stuff. Did he want to chose the culinary path instead? -N

K and S said...

yummy!

jalna said...

N, Wendell's dad did most of the cooking early on and Wendell took over after the dad kinda stopped. I think it's awesome that he likes to try new things too.

It was, Kat!

Kay said...

Looks good. Did you like it though?

jalna said...

Kay, I loved it . . . plenty flavor . . . maybe a bit on the salty side, but unfortunately, that's how I like it.

mmiissee said...

whoa! Now I really wanna eat is Korean spicy tofu soup.

Erick said...

This is one of my favorite Korean dishes.