Saturday, May 14, 2016

Chia Seed Pudding


Leslie turned me on to chia seed pudding a few weeks ago, and I liked it. I decided to try make it myself when coworker Connie left a bag of chia seeds on her desk to share. 


IMG_2477

Not only did I mooch the seeds off of Connie, but I also mooched the almond milk and the almonds from Leslie. The only things I had to pay $$$ for were the bananas and the greek yogurt.
IMG_2390

Chia seeds are so bizarre to me. How can these guys plump up with liquid, yah?
IMG_2412

I followed the recipe from here. Basically, you combine 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 cup plain 2% greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup chia seeds. You put it in the 'fridge overnight and can enjoy the pudding the next morning with some fruits.
IMG_2415

I actually made the pudding twice. The second time I used this agave sweetener instead of the maple syrup. 
IMG_2482

My pudding came out just okay. Now that I've used up all the seeds that I mooched, I don't think I'll be making any more. 

8 comments:

Susan said...

I've got a whole new container of chia seeds. My sister showed me something she made too, with coconut milk. Need to try.

Kay said...

I love pudding, but this sounds rather exotic. :-)

K and S said...

lol you are too funny!

Mark Shelby said...

What a totally healthy meal! Good for you Jalna! Thanks for sharing!

Leslie's pics said...

how funny, i just made that this morning for breakfast...the healthy version but! :D

jalna said...

Good for you, Susan! I can't quite get into it myself. Probably because it's so healthy! LOL!

It's very different, Kay.

Hahaha, thanks, Kat.

Welcome, Mark.

I should eat more healthy like you, Les.

Erick said...

Cool, you can make your own chai pet.

Leslie's pics said...

If you eat like me you'll gain 20 lbs.