Friday, October 31, 2014

Our Newest Rice Cooker


We realized that our new 10-cup Aroma rice cooker is just way too big for our everyday use.  Me and Wendell have cut down on our rice consumption to where we only cook around 1 1/2 cups of rice for the family for dinner.

I ordered this rice cooker from Amazon. I chose it not only because Lorna from Kauai said that it's the brand that she uses, but mostly because it was only $12.68.   $12.68!!

IMG_8644

It is the cutest, little rice pot ever.
IMG_8651

Here is the inaugural batch.  I might've put a bit too much water . . . was hard to see the line.  But I think that it's gonna work out just fine.
IMG_8667

12 comments:

Lorna said...

Oh, it's so cute! My mother used to scold me about adding too much water when I cooked the rice, said it was too beta-beta. Just like okai!!

Susan said...

Jalna, I have the one and a half cup one, its really cute! My daughter uses it for herself. I think it cost less than $10

jalna said...

Sooooo cute yah, Lorna! It's working out perfect!

OMG Susan, that must be so tiny!!!

Anonymous said...

They sell it at Walmart also for awhile now. Hope your shipping was free.

Btw can I have your other cooker????;) just,kidding

K and S said...

so cute!

Mark Shelby said...

Nice! I like that idea on the box pic of putting veggies in the rice cooker. Would that really work OK? Almost a one pot meal!

Nippon Nin said...

Nice and small! Like it!

jalna said...

It probably would work, Mark. But . . . me . . . I'm only making rice in our rice cookers from now on. LOL!!

It's actually smaller than I expected, Akemi.

jalna said...

Shipping was free, Anon.

Erick said...

So cute your little rice cooker.

Leslie's pics said...

oh da cute!!

jalna said...

So small yah, Les!