Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Wendell's Meatloaf


Wendell's made this meatloaf several times already so I thought that I had already blogged about it.  My search came up empty so . . .  yeehaw . . . here it is for you.  The recipe is from What Hawaii Likes to Eat by Muriel Miura and Betty Shimabukuro.

IMG_4063



1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup tomato ketchup

Combine all ingredients. Mix thoroughly.  Place in 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until done.

*I have a suspicion that Wendell might've added in some frozen vegetables too, yah?*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

j: thanks for sharing I had two good meatloaf recipes but lost them both due to computer changes. I LOVE good meatloaf, love meatloaf sandwiches too (that and roast beef sandwiches I made when playing house as a kid!) I going try them soon. Mahalo to you and Wendall! -N

DNakamaru said...

looks so good!

jalna said...

Welcome, N!

Was real yummy, Dean.

Les said...

oooh I think I wanna try this one :)

Erick said...

Looks so yummy, frozen veggies or not.

K and S said...

looks good!

jalna said...

Go try, Les.

I liked the veggies, Erick.

You would probably have to half um, Kat.