Monday, May 26, 2014

AGU Ramen


Earlier this year me and my mom went to AGU Ramen for the first time. We loved it.  You can check out my post here

Leslie made me all ono for some Hakata-style noodles so a couple of weekends ago I asked Wendell if he wanted to go there.  He had never been there before.

We got there at around 11:30 am and they were already packed.  Our gyoza came pretty quickly.  No, I'm not left-handed, but I wanted to get an "action" hashi shot.

IMG_3964

Wendell ordered the Shio Tonkotsu Ramen ($10.75).  
IMG_3971

I decided on the Shoyu Jidori Ramen ($11.75) which comes with an assari (lightly flavored) broth.  It was a bit too assari for me so when Wendell was done with his ramen, I put whatever was left of my noodles into his bowl and finished eating it with his broth. It was way yummier that way.
IMG_3974


13 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

We went yesterday, Len had "The Works" he loved the rich broth with the cheese. I had the shoyu tonkotsu, really good! Now that I see your shoyu jidoori...I would prefer the tonkotsu too. It doesn't look tasty enough!

Les said...

I think I'm only ordering tonkotsu ramen from now on!! Well, unless I'm at Gomatei then I'll get the tantan...but tonkotsu ramen rocks!!

Anonymous said...

J: gorgeous food pixs. Looking at your pixs and your comments realizing it takes some skill (and time) to make 'em so good.

How are the portions there? I don't eat at ramen-yas cuz I have a big appetite so I still hungry when pau. Same w/ Japanese restaurants, never enough for me. -N

jalna said...

I wondered about that cheese one, Mich Sounded so strange to me. Good to know that Len loved it!

I agree, Les!

N, the portions are average size. Not really huge. But the thicker broth ones are very filling.

Mark Shelby said...

Wow! Wow! Lau Lau!

And to think I used to get excited when my Dad would buy me the $0.99 cent won ton mein at the Chun Hoon window after church on Sunday nights on Nuuanu, back in the 1960's!

What was I thinking?

This has really come a long way!

jalna said...

Mark, I think it would be so cool if we could capture images from your memory banks and make a video slideshow with um.

Erick said...

I love their ramen. Jellos.

jalna said...

Next time gonna be kotteri for me, Erick.

Dd said...

what is that sauce for the gyoza ?? or does the bowl got a red bottom >

Mark Shelby said...

Sweet!

Thanks Jalna!

jalna said...

Not sure what the sauce was Didi, but I poured from two different bottles into my bowl.

For real, Mark. LOL.

Mokihana said...

Now see? When I go dis teriyaki place hea in town and ordah Udon, I get da spoon in one hand, and hashi in da odda and I get funny kine looks from my friends. But now I can showum yoa photos and say, "See? Dis how it's done! I not lolo!"

Loved all da photos. When I come home to da ʻāina we gotta meet up and go someplace lidis togedda!

jalna said...

Dat's da only way fo eat ramen yah, Moki! LOL!