Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Man and His Hoe


The following is an excerpt from a blog called A Man and His Hoe.  The eggs shown below are from hens that are raised by a man who believes that every chick deserves a mother.  He says that this nuturing environment is the reason that his eggs are "extra creamy and buttery"!  Wouldja believe I found the site not by googling "farm-fresh eggs" but by googling "how to make tofu"!!!  You can find his tofu-making instructions here.


Unlike most egg sellers who, for reasons I have yet to understand, don’t want you to know how old their eggs are, each of my eggs has the day it was laid, so you’ll always know how fresh the eggs are. Some eggs even have the name of the hen which laid the egg. You’ll never find that in your supermarket carton of eggs.
























Here are the labels on the inside of a carton of a man and his hoe eggs®.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

J: went to the web cute story of how they all roam around building up their widdle leg muscles and all that, eating whatever nature provides, etc etc. Sounds so gorgeous. Then I get to the picture of the plucked naked chicken roast at the end. Why yes, they all have mommies and run in the pasture so that they can taste delicious at the dinner table! Kind of ironic I think. lol -N

Leslie's pics said...

that is so neat!! Where is he from?? (sorry, never went to the link yet, too tired right now...) Must be expensive!

jalna said...

Soooo funny "widdle" leg muscles, N. HAHAHAHAHA! You noticed how fat those drumsticks were?

He's in Washington State, Les.

K and S said...

so cool!

Nippon Nin said...

LOL! Amazing... I would love to try those eggs.

jalna said...

Me too, Akemi!

Anonymous said...

I would feel too guilty to eat these...I would feel like a murderer!;)

jalna said...

I know what you mean, Anon.

Randism said...

dang; too bad we can't buy 'em here

:-(

jalna said...

I like try too, Rand!