Monday, January 20, 2014

Hoshizaki Ice Machine


I saw these guys working on an ice machine at Walmart.  When I realized that the unit was not just storing the bags of ice, but that it was actually making the ice and bagging them too, I was intrigued.   I stopped and stood there.  I quickly took this picture with my phone. I memorized the brand name.  I wanted to linger and hopefully see it in action, but was afraid that they would soon realize that I was nuts . . . so I reluctantly left.

My son said that Safeway has a similar kind of ice machine, but he said that he doesn't care for the ice that it makes. He said that it tends to melt fast.  But still . . . I think it's so cool.

IMG_0919

I tried to search online to find out how much a machine like this would cost.  I wasn't successful.  I wonder, yah?!  Around $20,000  . . . you think?


7 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

I asked Uncle, who is a refrigeration/AC contractor. He said that is one expensive machine. It has 2 heads, that makes the ice - costs about $20K, the bin is about $15K, and the bagging part is maybe $8K.

So, he is guessing about $43,000, yikes! For that amount, Aunty could get her Mercedes GLK...

Anonymous said...

Hey jalna, are you planning to get wendall this for valentines????? Just think it could pay for itself!!!

The noise,it makes must be just wonderfuuuulll;)

jalna said...

$43,000!!!! Thanks Aunty! I was wondering. They must sell a lot of ice for it to be worth it.

OMG, Anon . . . more noise!

Nippon Nin said...

Expensive! Hoshizaki is very rich man by now. I never thought to pay attention to ice machine before though.

jalna said...

Akemi, I usually never look at the ice machine too . . . except that this time it was open and I noticed the bag roll.

mmiissee said...

That's some awesome ice machine.

jalna said...

Unreal yah, Mmiissee!!