Sunday, January 5, 2014

Gyu-Kaku


Me and Wendell went to Gyu-Kaku for lunch last week Thursday.  I was surprised that it was pretty crowded for a weekday.  We had gone there only once before and I really liked it then, but I remember that it was kinda expensive to me, so maybe that's why we never went back. 

But . . . I had a gift card from my buddy Mich so . . . hoo, hoo . . . we got to check it out again.

IMG_0013

We opted for the "Limited Time" Winter Course.
IMG_0009

It started with the Gyu-Kaku salad for two.
IMG_0015

Then came the Wasabi Crunch Shrimp.  This plate is also for two.
IMG_0020

The miso soup was oishiiii.  Wish I could make mine as good.
IMG_0027

Here's the zucchini.
IMG_0022

IMG_0029

The corn came in a pouch with some butter.
IMG_0031

Garlic Herb-Rubbed Filet Mignon.
IMG_0052

It came with a cheese fondue.
IMG_0060

Spicy Harami Skirt Steak.
IMG_0044

It was good but a bit too spicy for me.
IMG_0049

Kobe-Style Toro Beef.
IMG_0036

IMG_0037

Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus.
IMG_0068

We had a choice of green tea, coffee or vanilla ice cream for dessert. I chose the vanilla.
IMG_0071

That was a some-ono lunch . . . especially for Wendell 'cause he just loooooves meat.  Thanks for the treat, Mich!!

13 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Your Welcome! Thank you for always being our personal Christmas pic photographer! Glad you folks enjoyed it! Our Kaneohe location looks like they have a slightly different menu from the Kapiolani one, never saw the cheese thingy and the corn is on the cob normally. They are privately owned, so maybe that's why?

jalna said...

It was great!!! Thanks again, Mich.

Anonymous said...

So cute...was wondering how come they had corn niblets in foil...I guess...putting one can corn on the grill not as fancy;) I just can imagine the fanfare...the,waiter comes by with a,can opener and let's the diners sniff the contents for approval....just like wine!;)

jalna said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! So funny Anon!! About the corn . . . me and Wendell did have a hard time picking up the kernels with our chopsticks, so we mixed um up in our rice.

Susan said...

If only I can taste through my computer...drool.

jalna said...

Awww. . . maybe you can come for a visit some day, Susan.

DNakamaru said...

Wow! Looks soooo good!

Nippon Nin said...

I know the place! We had wonderful foods. I would like to go there again!

I have not started my blog this year yet. I'm enjoying the time off for sure.
I would like to post food like this soon though.

jalna said...

It was very meaty, Dean.

I was wondering about this week's post, Akemi. Enjoy your time off!

Susan said...

Sooner than later I hope! I love Hawaii, can't wait to go there again : )

jalna said...

Crossing my fingers, Susan.

Erick said...

Love their food, but portions so small and so expensive.

jalna said...

True dat, Erick.