Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Da Bomb Can Opener


This is da bomb can opener.  I got it from WalMart. 

IMG_9548

It's the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener . . . so smooth that, like it says on the box, a light touch is all that's needed.
IMG_9550

I bought it to replace this crappy can opener that was noisy and couldn't even grip the cans good.  It didn't even last one year.
IMG_9546

The new can opener cuts open the tops of cans like this . . . 
IMG_9558

so that you can use it as a cover if you like.  It was expensive . . . around $33.  But you can do like I did and tell your husband that it's his Christmas present. 
IMG_9561

15 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

You crack me up! NICE present!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Hah! Good one. Maybe Uncle wants one... One time he bought me one broom - it wasn't my favorite gift. Then, one nother time, he bought me one fishing pole.

I had the hand crank one that cut the lids off like that. Gotta be careful though - because the can part has a very sharp edge.

Enjoy his gift!!

DNakamaru said...

Very cool!

Akiko said...

I wrote this brand name down so I can get one. Really!

jalna said...

Good idea hah, Mich!

LOL, Aunty. Uncle is kinda funny.

I love it, Dean!

Yay, Akiko! You won't be disappointed.

K and S said...

hope he was happy with his present :)

jalna said...

He does like it, Kat.

Susan said...

We needed a new can opener and bought one and i thought it was dabomb can opener until I saw yours...maybe I will break the new one..hehehe

Leslie's pics said...

hahahhaa!! classic!

jalna said...

Susan, wouldja believe I'm excited to open cans now!

True story, Les. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Thank You for the heads-up Jalna! I bought one after reading this post. Got free shipping since I have Amazon Prime. -Kawika http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-76606Z-Smooth-Opener/dp/B000R4J8PC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389254000&sr=8-1&keywords=Hamilton+Beach+Smooth+Touch+Can+Opener

Erick said...

Cool it cuts from the side. I think it was Tupperware that has a manual version.

jalna said...

OMG Kawika, it's around $10 cheaper!!! You score!

I just love it, Erick. Do like Kawika and order from Amazon!!

Mokihana said...

Mele Kalikimaka to you!!

jalna said...

LOL. Thanks, Moki.